Jaw

Powder Paint Question

I just painted what should have been about fifty green chartreuse and black worm weights placed them in the oven set my timer and left to bake. The results was fifty green chartreuse and watermelon worm weights. I can't remember this happening before. I used to do alot of crappie jig heads in this color but haven't in awhile and this is not a color combination I bass fish with at all. I painted the heads chartreuse first then added the black. I guess I should have painted the black first then the chartreuse. What do you guys think? I didn't have time to do any the other way or I could answer my own question. I do like the way the color turned out so they will get used just thought I'd ask for opinions. Thanks

I too learned the hard way, not all color combos will give you problems but chartreuse with dark colors has to be done in 2 parts. I painted a spinnerbait in a pattern called Table Rock Shad, if you aren't familiar it is a chartreuse body with a purple back, it looked really good, I put it in the oven to cure and it came out chartreuse with a brown back. I know edgecrusher said 10 minutes but I do a full cure as it is 15 minutes, 10 will probably work but I don't want to have to remake any so I do my main color, cure and then add the second color, that will keep the colors from bleeding together.

Thanks guys I'll give that method a shot the next time I paint. I just don't remember that happening before but like I said I don't normally paint bass jigs in that color combo but decided I wanted some worm weights that looked that way and decided to play around with it some. Thanks again