biggun

Mikes Reel Parts

:pissed:I recently ordered some parts from him for an old  Diawa I'm trying to repair for a friend. Since placing the order almost two weeks ago the only thing that has changed is my credit card has been billed. I've tried calling, and sent several emails and cannot get any kind of response. Have any of you guys ever ordered from him?

I have sent emails to some of the other dealers on the diawa site and all they can tell me atleast the 2 out of ten that responded is "we sell reels not work on them". Never thought two gears would be this hard to get. Diawa wont help unless I fill out a credit app and become a dealer.

. Diawa wont help unless I fill out a credit app and become a dealer.

Several years ago I called them and asked if they could repair a specific reel. They said, sure send it in.  A month later they sent it back un repaired and said they didn't work on those anymore. 

A couple years ago I had a problem with a couple identical spinning reels and told them about it.  They sent me several sets of parts no charge.  I guess it just depends on who you talk to. 

• Like 1

I've also used Southwestern with great results. They will also consult if you have an older reel that can be upgraded to more modern parts, or a gear ratio change, etc. however, it's definitely worth giving the service dept of your reel's manufacturer a call first. Often they will send you parts at a better price, sometimes even free (Simano and Abu are prone to do this) - but I can't speak for Daiwa.