patrick reif

Need New Blade Supplier

Barlow's has made me mad after a talk with a flippant customer service rep on the third call this month on an order.  No need to go further with that, but I'm done with them.

Who do you guys go to for blade orders in the 100 count range?

I'd like to be able to get my wire harnesses and high quality bearings as well.

• Like 1

I get my Worth swivels from Barlows because they let me buy the swivels and split rings separate which makes them a little less in cost but now LPO sells them but they do cost more. They also use Lakeland blades so ask for size samples, I got size 5 willow leaf blades and had to exchange them as Worth blades are smaller by 1/2 size. The blades are good quality and if I didn't use Worth I'd use Lakeland.

Barlow's has made me mad after a talk with a flippant customer service rep on the third call this month on an order.  No need to go further with that, but I'm done with them.

Who do you guys go to for blade orders in the 100 count range?

I'd like to be able to get my wire harnesses and high quality bearings as well.

I hear you, been there done that and I'm finished as well with them. Now onto a positive note. I get many items from LPO, Lakeland, Worth and I started slowly working with Jann's. Someone in another thread recommended me to Lure Making.com. I have also found that LPO has gone out of there way for me with almost everything I have requested. There are places out there just not a lot of them.

You can buy less than minimum with Hagens - example  1000 blades are $17.60 a 1000, cost per 100 would be $1.76 plus $1.00 fee for being under minimum order (this fee is per item).  

I've bought lots of blades this way, and have saved a bunch of money

Man, talking about a can of worms.  Blades, willow or otherwise are all about desired function.  What are you looking for?

I tied about 3 dozen tonight.  I have #5 silver blades on half and #4 bronze on the other half.

The #5 blades are used on my slow rolling spinners with a #2 gold Colorado spinning on the shaft...it's a traditional rig that's time proven.

My burning spinners are with a #4 bronze coupled with a #3 bronze willow leaf on a heavier body because that's what I like personally.  The blades are a primary function of the bait, but no less important than the bearing, hook, wire frame diameter, bend angle of the wire shaft, ect...

My best suggestion here is to find a commercially available spinner bait you really like, then mimic it, and then modify it for your style of fishing for your waters.

The blades are very important to a complete bait, but no more or less important than the other components.  Reams could be written about this.

My advise is to buy quality parts to begin with and jump in.  I don't know how else to put it other than saying enjoy the ride.

thanks for the reply. I agree that the most important components are others: hooks and swivels. But I'm looking for a blade, in particular gold color, which is not browsing or oxides after a few uses. The type that I used (I do not do names) were excellent but recently have lowered the quality. I'm seeing on lurepart "Regal Finish" about $7,50 per 10 willow #4.

Someone try it?

thanks for the reply. I agree that the most important components are others: hooks and swivels. But I'm looking for a blade, in particular gold color, which is not browsing or oxides after a few uses. The type that I used (I do not do names) were excellent but recently have lowered the quality. I'm seeing on lurepart "Regal Finish" about $7,50 per 10 willow #4.

Someone try it?

Several years ago, I was using regal finish blades from LPO and they were very high quality blades with an excellent finish. I don't know where they get them from now, however if it is from the same source you will not be disappointed.