nedyarb

5$ Divided Cup

First off don't hold me accountable if your microwave sparks. But so far im happy with my results. I bought a piece of galvinized flashing at home Depot. Its black on one side and gray on the other. I melted 2 cups of old remelts in a 2 cup anchor cup. Then cut the cooled plastic in half so i could trace an outline onto my flashing and then cut it with tin snips. I used 5 minute jb weld clear epoxy, to glue the flashing to the cup,but added a couple drops of black plastisol colorant to hide and flashy metal. Heres the result and no sparks in the micro. 20150401_110625.jpg 20150401_110929.jpg It makes more of a swirl than a laminate but I think cooler plastic might work better. Good luck

• Like 1

I've had a split cup and used it in the micro thousands of times over the last 10+ years with no problems. I also made a cup with 3 chambers.

What you have to worry about is the shiny parts of the metal showing; those will spark in the micro. I use a black marker on the outside of the cup to hide the edges of the metal that show through the glass.

If the cup is done correctly it will work in the micro; I'd be more afraid of the griddle as I have had pyrex explode on me before.

I was never so thankful for wearing corrective glasses.