micro

Do-It Swm Jig Mold

Is the do-it swm jig similar to the confidence baits draggin head? The draggin head obviously has a coil keeper attached to the eye and a different hook. I was wondering if I could make a similar product to the draggin head. I know another company produces a similar jig but I forget who. Does anyone have experience with this mold? Thanks

You can make those easily with the swim jig mold, just take a Mustad 91768 hook, or which ever hook you want to use and lay it in the mold and mark the location. You will have to modify the mold to accept the hook but that is how you make those, it isn't too hard, just go slow.

How about that hook that the mold is designed for? Would that make a good river jig for weedless soft plastics? Any experience? I would like to make a jig that is really weedless that uses a coil as opposed to a fiber weedguard. Would one of the shaky molds work better? I am hesitant to modify a mold bc i have no experience whatsoever doing that and dont want to ruin a brand new mold. Thanks again.

The hook that  the swim jig mold uses is a bronze hook and it uses a regular eye hook, not a flat eye, I believe you have them reversed. If you put a flat eye hook in that mold then you will make it difficult to use a coil keeper because the line knot will be right where you would have the keeper clipped on the hook eye.

Has anyone here used the do it weighted hook mold for soft platics besides swimbaits? I was wondering if i could use it for crawfish and creature plastics instead of texas rigging them. I want something that won't get hung up a lot.

If you want to use it like the do-it swm jig you mentioned earlier, than it will work somewhat. The crawfish will topple over and lay on its side. If you are making these for yourself, than just make a mold out of Bondo or Durham's Wood Putty. This way you can create your own design the way you want it.