Crom

Injection Machines For Mass Production

On 8/1/2021 at 9:07 PM, 2marshall8 said:

I looked at your machine, very similar. my biggest question with these is, is there a faster method to transition to another color than, turning off hte machine, allowing the plastisol to cool, cleaning it all out, poring in your next batch of plastisol/heating mixing dye/glitter, etc.. and shooting? right now I have multiple presto pots where I will have 4-5 diff colors heating and I just move between each of them and shoot those colors into the molds they goto. So is can I purchase or do you have a separate method to purchase the plastisol containers and get those pre-heating with other colors while I'm shooting a color in the machine?

Right now we're doing the same as you. We have multiple work stations set up with presto pots & mixers going all at once. Our problem is with laminate colors. We have some production molds that take 20+ ounces to shoot. Shooting laminates with our custom injectors with the presto pots is a pain. We're hoping with the Hot Runner Machine we can keep it fed with plastic running in the presto pots & be able to shoot the larger production molds a lot easier. Other than that, the presto pots with mixers still work great for solid colors.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hpssports said:

Right now we're doing the same as you. We have multiple work stations set up with presto pots & mixers going all at once. Our problem is with laminate colors. We have some production molds that take 20+ ounces to shoot. Shooting laminates with our custom injectors with the presto pots is a pain. We're hoping with the Hot Runner Machine we can keep it fed with plastic running in the presto pots & be able to shoot the larger production molds a lot easier. Other than that, the presto pots with mixers still work great for solid colors.

yah, I see the "stir mix alot" system offered as well, do you have these auto stirrers w/o the lids? I've debated getting these but my issues are the following:

1. If I have prior plastic I"m throwing in to reheat which is solid how well do the mixers stir this plastic with liquid plastisol together?

2. can you regulate the speed of the stirrer? when I'm going into draw up the plastic will the blades clank and hit the injectors, or do I have to shut the stirrers off each time?

3. Do you own the closed lid "stir mix alot" system? my concern with those is how do they shoot laminates? seems like the bass tackle injectors wouldn't reach to grab plastic out of each pot when they are next to each other based on where the holes are located.

I still stir by hand before each shoot

Edited by 2marshall8

We use the old Bears Bait mixers. We have at least three pots & two mixers at each work station. You do have to shut them off when drawing plastic. Throwing plastic back in isn't a problem. What we do is wait toward the end of the run & throw all the plastic pieces back into the pot & let it remelt. As far as dual injectors, the bass tackle works with two pots sitting side by side.

• Like 2

On 7/31/2021 at 4:34 PM, 2marshall8 said:

what about this sucker from jacobs baits, anyone use this? 

https://stores.jacobsbaits.com/injection-press-pro-series-1/

we have two of these machines from Jacobs. we have the dual color and the single color machine. both machines work great and produce quality baits. you will need to adjust the air pressure for your molds as some require less while others require more.  if this is the way you go i would definitely recommend getting the electric mixers as it is a life saver when you are injecting molds.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 8:11 PM, Joey Hubble said:

we have two of these machines from Jacobs. we have the dual color and the single color machine. both machines work great and produce quality baits. you will need to adjust the air pressure for your molds as some require less while others require more.  if this is the way you go i would definitely recommend getting the electric mixers as it is a life saver when you are injecting 

Hey! We have completely different technologies for casting soft baits. We have other molds, other cast machines. We pour electronic syringes from bottom to top.

We have two kinds of molds: 1. Molds with separate sprues. 2. A mold with a common sprue, as in industrial molds.

I will answer the questions!

20210926_225101.jpg

20210926_225043.jpg

20210926_225011.jpg

20210926_231307.jpg

Screenshot_20210926-231234_Gallery.jpg

20210926_231538.png

20210926_231514.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/21/2015 at 2:08 AM, rayhorse said:

I tried to quote the zorn, machine, but never answered me. So I decided to build my own soft plastic injection machine.

this machine can run 12 "x 15" zise molds, this is about 10 lizards of 5 " or 24 stick baits of 5" per cycle, solid colors, laminated, swirls and chrtreuse tails. it requires 120v and 220v AC.

It takes about 20 minutes to cool down, other 20 minutes to change the color and 2 cycles for purge hot runers.

are you building this machine for sale.