tukta

Epoxy Turned Hard

I just bought a box of epoxy got it home opened the box everything looked good was going to use it the next day .Went to use it and the resin hard hardened not the hardener. I was told to heat it up and it will get soft and can be used I put it in hot water and did clear I'm afraid to try it .

Has any one had this problem

If the resin is truly hard, take it back and exchange it.

If it's just very viscous and won't flow, I'm guessing it is cold.  I use a hair dryer to warm my epoxy parts, separately, in the winter, so they will both flow easily.  

Resin is always thicker than hardener, anyway, but both should flow, at least like honey, or you have bad epoxy.

Epoxy resin is like honey.  It can crystallize if it stays cold for long enough but if you heat it up, it returns to liquid state.  Not recommending this, but I usually put it in the microwave (with the top off the bottle) and give it short shots of MW until it turns back to liquid.  Don't use it until it cools off though.  It will be hard to measure in its very hot liquid state and will cause the epoxy to harden very quickly.  Recommended practice is to sit it in a pan of warm water until it liquifies.