mark poulson

Ac1315 Update

Just be sure not to let your AC1315-coated baits touch soft plastics.  Something in the plastisol will dissolve it with prolonged contact.

I dipped some rats in it, and put a clear nail polish barrier around the hitch hiker I used for attaching my soft plastic worm tails, and have had no problems.

Snowman,

I agree about the fumes.  They are nasty.

When I first tried dipping with AC1315, I did in inside, and wound up having the same thing happen to me.

So now I am careful to dip outside, with a fan at my back, and to let the lures drip off and dry outside.  I bring them in to hit them with the hair dryer, again with a fan at my back, but then it's back outside until all the solvent is gone.

Superglue scares me when it gets up my nose. It is like a hot needle and makes you imaging the damage that it must be causing, whether it does or not.

The solution to all these products is not rocket science, it is just ventilation; outdoor and fans, as has been mentioned many times before.

Dave

• Like 1

I have been examining my lures with the ac1315 topcoat, and if i press hard enough i can get a dent in it. i also can scrape it off with my nail if i get a good hold. On one lure i was molding and had some hot glue on for support. when demolding i trie taking the hot glue off and it de-laminated the solarez in one area, and just straight ripped it off in another. on both lures there was at least 4 coats, Is this oK? will it hold up to rocks, or even fish? if it comes down to it i might just have to use it as a gloss coat over solarez, but then weight becomes an issue again. 

I just ordered AC1315, my first time. I want to thank everyone here and a hug for my friend Mark poulson

Going to try it on spoons and a few jig heads. The worm contact problem can be worked around, I'll use either Sally Hanson or do it lure coat. I'm having a hard time finding MCU since I live in so California and in Los Angeles county where two companies so far won't deliver to, so finding this product is a small blessing

Thanks guys for all the grunt work so guys like me can have less troubles, I appreciate every one here