MikePaintsBaits

1.5's Drs Sticking

Hey Everyone

I Purchased Some 1.5 DRS Crank Baits , I Noticed On Everyone Except (2) The Large Bearing Which Makes The Deep Rattle Sound When Moving Gets Stuck ? I Have To Hit The Lure Onto My Hand To Free It Up.

Is This A Major Problem ? Because I Do Sell Some Of My Baits and I Don't Want A Unhappy Customer / Friend.

Thanks For All Your Help

Mike

I find that on most of the newer DRS. I only paint them if requested and buy them if there are no rattles available. I would imagine that the problem is that the chamber is too small or the ball is too big. It is suppose to sit loosely in the chamber...What I'm seeing lately is quite a few of the US vendors are going to the cheaper KO's that anybody can buy themselves for 1/2 the price with a little searching around. It doesn't matter how good your customer service is....it doesn't make the cheap stuff run any better....rant over.....have to work!

• Like 2

It's not just the KO's that have had issues with the rattles sticking. There was a period of several years that before I would buy a Norman crank I would always give it a good shake before buying it. Sometimes you could knock the rattle loose like Mike said and it would be fine, but there were other times no amount of slapping it against something firm would fix the problem permanently. The problem was when they went to mate the two halves of the bait they were getting enough flash inside the bait to cause the rattle to stick. This was learned after "gently tapping" the bait to dislodge the rattle and having the bait split wide open. :halo:  This was especially aggravating since Norman lures were my favorite crank at the time. They caught more fish for me than any 5 other brands of cranks combined.

Ben

• Like 1

Ben, the bass stopped hitting them Normans when they found out the rattles were stickin'?

:?

:oooh:

They didn't catch as well and they some of them wouldn't run right depending on what position the rattle was stuck in. The sound of the Normans was different than most other cranks as well. It was always my assumption that the different sound the Norman lures made was one of the reasons it caught so well. It had a deep knocking sound where other baits filled with BB's had a much higher pitch. I actually hated to see a lot of the other bait companies start making the "one knockers" because when they did the "secret" was out. Norman lures still catch fish, but they have a lot more competition these days as far as the way they sound.

David Fritts and the old "one knocker spot" are a prime example. He claimed it wasn't a numbers bait, but whenever he needed a kicker fish it was one he relied on.

Ben

• Like 2