bluedragon2k9

Etex Not Tacy But No Real Hard Can I Devcon Over It"?

You can try it on one bait to see, but I would say the chances are very low, as these are different products. Your time should be spent trying to figure out what went wrong in the first place;

1 - did you mix it right?

2 - was the temperature too low?

3 - was the paint completely dry/heat set underneath?

4 - is the air very humid?

5 - how old is the product?

If you can be very honest with yourself and isolate the problem, rather than denying that anything was wrong, then the best chance for a fix would be a fresh coat correctly applied. This might be enough to get the first coat to fully cure along with the second. BUT, be prepared to strip the baits if it doesn't work.

Once you have isolated the problem, do a test piece, to make sure that everything is working 100% before proceeding.

DAve

• Like 1

At 55 degF I think that you are correct. Bring the lures into a warm place for a week. If they do not fully harden, then the chemical process may have stagnated. A fresh coat may well be enough to kick it off again.

If your workshop temperatures are consistently low, it may be worth building a heated drying cabinet. a 50W incandescent bulb should be enough heat to hold 70F. Read up on the product and find the ideal temperature and aim for that.

Dave

Etex and other "table top" epoxies contain solvent, and maybe your temp was not high enough to make it flash off the lures. Will it ever get really hard now? Maybe, maybe not. But a fresh coat of Etex cured at the correct temp will fix it IF it is measured correctly and mixed thoroughly.

• Like 1