RickB

Used Fishing Equipment

Long time lurker,first time poster.First off love the site and all the info given.I would guess that a lot of guys who get into this have the same dream,making a living my selling their lures,I have done a lot of studying on this and it seems to be a longshot at best.My question is do you think theres enough intrest out there in a secondhand market for used fishing equipment ? I'm thinking of a store thet sells used lures,tackleboxes,rods,reels.lanterns and camping equipment and anything else that goes along with fishing,camping,maybe even hunting,theres a used sporting goods store where I live that sells secondhand equipment and seems to always be busy,but they offer very little fishing and camping stuff,mostly team sports stuff like football and baseball and such.Thanks for any input.

Lots of store in Japan sell used gear. But there are several forces at work that support the practice there that might not work here. 

Japanese anglers are much more educated than American anglers, and also much more "trendy" about gear. A lure or reel might get hot for a while in the market, then suddenly everyone moves on to the next thing. So there is a lot of used gear around, often in near mint shape, because Japanese anglers are super careful with their stuff. 

I think the sort of place you are talking about might go over a FEW places in the states, but they would have to be in places with extremely high angler participation. 

SS

I have a friend that started an auction site on FaceBook for fishing gear,reels,rods,depth finders and lots of lures.He buys lures in bulk lots and Resales them in smaller lots or individually. He says he's made as high as $1200 in a week,normally around $5-600. Pretty good money for sitting on his butt. I think that would be the way to go due to a bigger market and low overhead.