ING

Glue For Bucktail Thread

Sorry, guys, I've already asked that question in 2013 and get good answers. Just Alzheimer - I had long interruption in bucktail making and forget it.  

Edited by ING

UV cure is as good as it gets.  Almost instant cure and the "Loon" products that I'm familiar with have no odor at all.  It is not cheap and you will need a UV light as well but it does go a long way.

Minwax polycrylic gloss clear coat. I do bucktail teasers on hooks, and tye bucktail jigs.....use it on both. The jigs get coated from wraps to tip of jig, 2 coats brushed on. Don't over do the second coat, it can run easier from the smooth 1st coat.

I wanted to go UV, I can get it for free at work......but the stuff we have stinks big time. Use it to coat the covers of catalog covers we print.

I have just started using UV products in the past couple of months.  And they are great. For lights I have tried two different models.  There are power differences in the lamps. 

• First ($60.00) - CCG's top of the line lamp, great tool.  Cures in seconds, quality built, and eats expensive C123 batteries. Still love the light.
  • Second ($10.00) - Walmart, don't recall name. Its cheap built and looks cheap. The switch works about half of the time. but it still cures at almost but not quite the same rate.  The Walmart light also eats batteries but they are the cheaper and available everywhere AAA's.

As an expiriment I was able to hard wire the Walmart light to a 5 volt AC/DC adapter and it works like a charm.  My next move is to also mod the CCG lamp.

Hope this helps,

Jim P

Is it required a powerful uv light? There are flashlights with 9 LED, 15 LED, 21 LED etc...

Any recommendation?

Thank you

there are lots of sellers on ebay selling uv flashlight for about $4, get a couple.  from china & hk

for aquaseal, doesn't take much to cure