JRammit

Texas Tornado!

Close call today friends!

Headed home from work under a tornado warning, 3 miles from the house wind was blowing hard across the road from right to left, when suddenly i notice leaves gently fluttering from left to right... Stopped me in my tracks just in time to see clouds begin to rotate above the road in front of me, seconds later the sky reached down to the rolling pastures, twisting and churning dust through the air... I watched in awe for a moment, then immediately called to check on the wife and kids, I find out the same tornado had touched down right across the street from them minutes earlier... They fled to safety, i turned around and took the long way to meet them... We returned home to find our swing set had done several cartwheels across the front lawn and the neighbor has an upside down shed in their yard that wasnt there yesterday.... Id say minimal losses!

I am very fortunate here where I live. You would think that Indonesia would be a very turbulent part of the globe weather wise. Yes, we get heavy rain and lots of it, a few thunder storms and that is about it. Indonesians never experience heavy winds. What they think is a heavy wind would be a light breeze.

This is a pic of wifey in a strong breeze in the UK. She was actually afraid that she would be blown away, which is why she is hanging on to the rail and not too happy about me taking photographs!

Dave

Dsc00028a.jpg

Dsc00028a.jpg

Dsc00028a.jpg

Dsc00028a.jpg

Dsc00028a.jpg

Dsc00028a.jpg

Dsc00028a.jpg

Dsc00028a.jpg

post-14497-0-55388800-1431085776_thumb.jpg