CNC Molds N Stuff

Dave, They Stole Your Idea

An amazing piece of design to pull it all together. A very nice kit for someone who knows how to use a workshop, but doesn't go there very often. Someone who travels to do small contract jobs will love this kit.

The design work and investment that has gone into this project, it deserves success.

Dave

My biggest issue with the overall machine is how much the table top flexed.  I know a piece of cast iron is out of the question for a portable tool like this, but if they made the top out of a solid piece of cast aluminum like many cheap tool tables of the past (both of my bench sanders) it would be make the step from novelty to seriously usable tool to go in my field service truck.  That stamped sheet metal insert table top is just not going to cut it.  You could see it flexing even under the light loads they put on it.  

The other thing that would really bump it up besides that in my opinion would be to run a charging cord directly off the box and allow the user to run the on box attachments either off battery or off cord.  

I have to say I was quite impressed with the relative ease of changing it from a drill press to a table saw to a scroll saw.  Not sure what the purpose of putting the lamp on the press head was, but I suppose it might be nice as an emergency lamp during a power failure.  

I saw one of these at a trade show.

I would break that thing the first day on a jobsite.

Why cant one of the better tool mfg's make this product?

Dewalt? Milwaukee? Porter? Rigid? ect...

at that price they might as well. 

Rob, Yeah,  I think we are all on the same page about rigidity.  

Dave, I was just thinking it would be a great reminder for our kids.  I imagine when they have kids or grand kids they will tell them about how their parents carried these things called flashlights that were just a lamp and a battery and you couldn't even talk on it much less surf the internet.  LOL.