bohmer99

Epoxy That Doesn't Need A Turner?

Hey guys, I just started getting into this. As of now the hardest part I am having right now is finding an epoxy that is thin enough that I can work with, yet won't need a turner since I don't have one yet. I have a couple lures shaped, wired, and ready to be sealed before I paint them. I've looked over the internet and some of the threads here and it seems to me that Devcon 2 Ton (30 min) will be my best bet (please tell me if I'm wrong). And if this is the best way to go, will hanging the lure from one of the eye hooks be sufficient enough to allow the epoxy to cure?

Any other suggestions are very much welcomed & appreciated!

• Like 1

I have the material to build my turner but because of laziness and the fact that I can get a good finish by hanging I just keep putting off building the turner. I paint musky lures and I can only paint epoxy on one lure before it gets to thick to spread with a brush. I use Bob Smith's AeroMicro 30 min. slow-cure epoxy. I can't tell it from d2t. I use a cheap disposable brush, brush it on thin but make sure it is completely covered by holding it to a light to get a gloss reflection. I don't get any sagging unless I don't brush it out thin. It never runs down and drips at all.

I don't know how you can use epoxy without a turner. The inconvienance of flipping the baits and timing it was horrible for me when I did it this way. The ability to hang the bait on the turner and walk away is great when you don't have time to babysit. Just my opinion but I believe if you build a turner you won't regret it

• Like 1