3bBrandon

Lure Cure

Lay them straight and put them in the coolest, driest place in your home. The rest is up to time; usually 72 hours at least for myself. Others let them sit and cure much longer.

Why dry?... I just toss mine in a water bath and let em float a while... They dont seem to mind...

Why dry?... I just toss mine in a water bath and let em float a while... They dont seem to mind...

I do the same..... I recently tried NOT using the bath on a few baits and found they "settled" in a position I wasn't happy with.... yet that same mold/bait produced baits just fine that I dumped into cold water for a couple minutes prior to laying out on the table for a couple days.  I think the water does a good job of really cooling that bait down and without any "weight" on it causing flat spots or odd shapes appendages.

I do think if you can lay your bait flat with no weird bends in it the bath probably isn't needed.

J.

Well, the humidity where I live is, well, oppressive to say the least. That's why I recommend somewhere dry. There seems to be a difference between the baits I leave in the garage and the ones I bring inside. Just my experience making my own lures. My way is by no means the only sure fire way to cure your lures, just the way I've found to work best for me.