Fish N Chips

Do It Essential Series?

What are everyone's thoughts on these molds? I like the price point but am not sure if I like the rough finish, although some baits look good and likely fish better with this textured surface. I admit there is something pleasing about the smooth and perfect finish of a CNC mold. I see some mixed reviews and a few for sale used already, even though they have not been out long. I saw some comparison photos on line and am undecided if I like the baits or not. Hard to argue with a mold for 30 dollars. I am tempted by the senko mold (I do not have a good stick bait mold), and the boss hog as I love brush hogs. I wonder if you could smooth out the surface with some epoxy or glue, ala POP molds? Then you get a cheap mold with a good casting?

Any experiences good and/or bad with the molds? I would love to see some pictures of bait examples. I did order a sample pack of baits from Do-It so will post up my thoughts when I get them and compare with their CNC counterparts.

Thanks.

I don't have any yet but know several people who do and they all love them. If you're not making baits to sell they fish just as well as a bait made from a CNC mold. I personally will be picking up the swim bait mold as soon as I have some extra funds laying around and possibly the beaver as well. As far as smoothing the molds, I know some folks who have smoothed the jig head molds using a polishing bit and compound and finishing it with toothpaste so you may look into that.

I have a few of these molds now and I am very pleased with them.  The finish of the baits is a turn off for some, but for 30 bucks I have zero issue with it. They are to good of a value for me to pass up, you get molds that shoot great, will last a lifetime, and come in proven fish catching designs.  All that being said, get your sample pack and make your own choice.

i have the 5" jerk bait mold. doesnt shoot laminates well with twin injector. but put a piece of tin foil in between shoot 1 color take foil out shoot other color an wah la.

they are good molds. like some one said b4 they don;'t have a smooth texture  compared to a milled mold but heck the fish don't care . they look good enough.

Thanks for the input. I am swaying more to really liking the molds. I will check out the samples when I get them but am planning to get one of the Senko molds to play with. Especially with the price of Senkos in the store now. I ordered some of the essential series plastic to try as well and some of the HD additive for sinking baits. The HD additive gets good reviews. I considered some of the harbor freight glass blasting media but did not want to scratch up my injector, although the silica powder may do the same thing? I did not see any reports of it like the blasting media though.

I plan on getting a nice brush hog mold too but have not decided if I want the 4 1/2 inch or 5 1/2 inch. I usually use baby brush hogs and the essential mold comes in the larger size. Tough decisions...lol

I ordered the Senko mold. The sample looked fine. Textures but not bad at all, especially with the ridges on the senko it blends in and looks good. It is most noticeable on the egg sack, it will work well holding scents. The price is great and the shape what I am looking for. It already shipped so hopefully will be hear soon! Thanks for the input.