Tyler B

Baby Shad Mold?

I was looking for a bobby garland baby shad mold or something very similar. I was wondering were you could get one or if a company would make one? I make my own molds but I'm thinking I want to start injecting. I know how much pouring these things are so it's mainly just a hobby so you don't have to tell me it's expensive. I know! :)

I have made plaster molds of the bait. 1 and 2 piece. I made the two piece mold where I pour into the bellies and it goes to the tail. It didn't work even with hot plastic. Do you think it would work if I made a mold where I poured through the tail side and the plastic went down into the belly?

Again, why the reason for an injection mold?  These baits are hardly rounded to begin with.  An open pour would be flatter than normal, but hardly noticeable, not to mention you can SEE the plastic filling the cavity. 

Not trying to start an injection war here, but I think too many are getting wrapped up in these high dollar molds.  Sometimes keeping it simple works best.  :wink:

• Like 1

I wasn't talking about injection earlier. I have a one piece mold and it works fine but I'm looking for something more time efficient. Right now it can take like 3-4 batches before I get a really good bait. I was thinking a top hand pour style mold to make the bait perfect every time.

I tried one from belly to tail but I could never get the plastic all the way down. I tried vents and coking plastic longer but nothing worked. I was thinking of a top pour mold that went from tail to belly. Do you think it would work?

We'll I think it's 12 cavity by looking at the picture so they either had a typo or you get a different mold. I did look at Jacobs and I like it also

Unless my old eyes are deceiving me (and that could be very likely - lol), you are looking at the top and bottom of the molds.  They are placed together, so that would be 6 cavities. 

Yes the top and bottom. There are 6 cavities on each side on each half meaning 12 cavities. The top half has 6 on each side. If you count the amount on each half of the mold it is 12. I could be wrong andi tried to explain it the best I could.

Yup.......you nailed it.  Had to look at the pic like 5 times!  That is a good price.