crab05

Airbrush Cleaner?

I run plain water through my brush after a session and then clean the bowl and wipe the needle with acetone.  Whenever I feel the need, about once every 6 months, I disassemble the brush and soak the parts in airbrush cleaning solution overnight to remove anything I missed with the lighter cleanings.  I put a drop of light machine oil in the trigger mechanism afterward.  Airbrushes are simple machines and it usually doesn't take a lot to keep them going as long as you always clean them after every use.

• Like 3

I dont know if i just have a crappy brush but the one i got from Harbour Freight just wont clean. I mean i put water through it, and even cleaner, and will spray it though for a long time, but when i go to use it again, say a couple of days, i try to spray and it wont go through. I end up just spending 45 min. every time cleaning it out and usually the inner nozzle with tip and everything is full of dryed paint. Painting is fun but cleaning not so much. Sorry if i jacked this page but i thought maybe someone could help me and others who may have this problem too.

By the way i use createx airbrush cleaner 

Edited by jonister
  • Like 1