rhahn427

Essential Plastisol

I really like it. Low odor (big thing at my house!), very temperature tolerant (you have to get it REALLY hot to burn it !). Very clear.

It is also Phthalate free

It seems more elastic..."tougher".

Make sure you completely mix it every time you use it! It doesn't hard pack...but it will settle fairly quickly (like a lot of other formulas!).  After I mix up the gallon box really well ....I dispense it into a couple pint bottles I have. I just make baits for myself and buddies so I don't go through a gallon at a time...and it's easier to shake and mix the pint bottle when I'm making a round of baits 4oz at a time.

Like with any plastic...buy a pint or a gallon... and try it before you invest in a large amount.

• Like 1

I just got 2.5 gallons of it and it was 8 dollars flat rate shipping. I have been happy with it so far. Seems low odor and very little smoke. I did split mine up in smaller containers to make it easier to shake up. Seems pretty clear and makes a nice soft and stretchy bait. I have used it for sticks, craws and swimbaits so far.

I think that question is loaded with way too many variable to answer.  What type of bait, size of bait etc will make a difference in the answer.

Add salt or not? 

I can get 12 good 702 craws from about 6 ounces of plastic.  That includes the sprue and a little left in the injector. That is just one example.