littleriver

Proto Type Action Input

Travis - it is an interesting point. I wonder how the shop baits are designed and tested. I presume with some kind of quick release which would be the equivalent of a snap release.

When I test my baits, usually 12 at a time, I use a home made wire snap, as the commercial snaps are a more difficult to use, but far more secure.

A bait that is designed close to the edge, as in the above example, the difference between using a snap and direct tying will be quite noticeable, but in the case of a lure designed well within the tolerance of design, I suspect the difference would be hardly noticeable.

Dave

• Like 1

All good points here in this discusion. I would like to point out Dave's point about this bait being more sensitive to this change because of design is exactly right. The bait I made in the moment of inertia topic is way less sensitive to these types of changes. For example ,I experimented some with the bill length on that bait and found it's action did not change so much no matter the bib length. I concluded the bait design was much more stable than this one and therefore had a much larger margin for error too thanks in large part to a little bit of engineering. 

I'll do some video of the this lures action with just split ring but it will be a couple of weeks before I get a chance.

Vic 

• Like 1