RiverMan

Lead melting Pots

Jed,

The lead comes out under more pessure than ladle pouring.

It should work really good.

But the 10 lb model is was better than their 20.

You will get some burns marks doing this.(wood and you)

Also you most likly will need to stop short on the fills or you will be clipping and then filing over fill.

That is a tuff call.

My best thoughts would be to get a mold to make a long weight, like a pencil weight.( but that will be to skinney for you)

Then you can drill the same diameter hole and insert the weights.

Cut the lead off a little at a time to get it right.

Then glue in place.

One guy here turns them on a metal lathe to get them exact each time, but these are for plastic baits.

Ballancing act of wood not there.

O Jed can I be of some help here in my vast 5 or maybe 6 months experience of lead pouring I've invented all sorts of contraptions none of which worked especially the long thin one which by the way a friend who makes jewellry told me was easy not mentioning the fact (he must have forgotten)lead freezes in a long cold mould and really runs all over through the tinyest of cracks when the mould is hot. Okay to cut a long story short in the end Igot a guy or paid a guy to make up a mould in metal of the 3 sizes I use most.They are short so they dont freeze when poured with a ladle.Would post you a pic if you like if it helps.

Garry

Garry,

I like your quote at the bottom of the post, think I would probably do the same thing.

Thanks for the ideas guys. Think I will just order a Lee Pot with a spout and see what happens. If it doesn't work like I want it to I will modify it until it does...isn't this what we all do anyway?

Thanks again!

Jed