micro

Ladle Pour Only

First you will have trouble with the wire being in the way of using the spout . Depending on the mold it may not fill the collar very well and the wire gets pushed off center which makes you have to bend it back to make the bait track . Be aware that hot lead can squirt out of the pour area because you will not be able to get a snug fit . Myself I prefer a 15lb electric tip ladle for jobs like that . But you can with practice pour some decent baits with a bottom pour . I always had to extend the hieght between the base and spout for better access .

The easiet solution is to buy a small LEE ladle with wooden handle, it will cost you $6.00 plus shipping so get some supplies. Spinnerbaits got me started and for the first 4 years of my tackle making I poured spinnerbaits and jigs with a ladle, there is a small learning curve but it is something you can use should you ever get a mold that is giving you problems. What I mean by that is some molds don't always fill completely but you would be amazed that all it takes it pouring with a ladle and you get good pours and the best part is you can use a ladle with a bottom pour pot. Now, Cadman uses a bottom pour but he has a lot of experience and he put the time in to learn how to do it, you can as well but it will take patience so you can try finding a way to use the bottom pour or you can get a ladle, it really is up to you but the wire will be in the way so you will have to learn to use the ladle or learn to bottom pour with the wire, both require a small learning curve.

The other way out is to get Hilts spinner bait molds  .. The pour hole is where the stem connects with the head on the bottom of the pour and the wire points down  ..  For the Do It I use the Ladle  .. Have poured the Do It with bottom pour but not as good a results as with the ladle.

Experiment and go what is the best for You.