Grisley

For All Of You "chrome Junkies"

I just came across this product and it seems promising for achieving that mirror finish.  It is called Stretch Chrome.  I have used the transfer foils, chrome paints, and aluminum foil tape (my personal favorite) and they have all lacked that mirror-like reflective quality that we are all after.  If this product works as advertised, it could replace the foil tape method.  I was thinking about Wrapping the lure in this, following with a coat of D2T, Then painting and finishing with another coat of D2T.  If anyone decides to pull the trigger and spend the $40.00 for a 12" x 60" roll, please post your results using this product.  That amount should be enough to do about 120 2" long crankbaits at about $0.33 per lure.  I plan on buying a roll in the future, but I have a better use for my $ at the moment.  I just thought that I would share this for anyone interested and willing to give it a go.

http://alsacorp.com/strechchrome/index.html

Here is one pic from the website  Stretch chrome.jpg

Stretch chrome.jpg

Stretch chrome.jpg

Stretch chrome.jpg

Stretch chrome.jpg

Stretch chrome.jpg

Stretch chrome.jpg

Stretch chrome.jpg

post-27152-0-29563700-1436370689_thumb.jpg

I used to silver plate my spinner blades for river smallies, trout and salmon years ago. Back when you could just go buy the chemicals from a druggist (cyanide) and use real silver dimes for sacrificial material. There was a book by Jed Davis on spinner making that got me started. Much more flash under water than nickel or chrome. But how you would do that on a crank I haven't a clue.

bill

Mark I have question about Sally Hansen product...do you apply this prior to painting or after??? I was reading about the product ...some of the "users" (that would be nail polish users) mentioned that they like the result of "In the Spotlight" applying it over a base color...that it really made the colors 'POP'...just trying to get the sequence right 

Must say the associate working the nail polish section in the local CVS gave me weird looks after my  questioning of her as to where it was located and the process to apply it...LOL :lol: