HHAL

Airbrush Gun Issue

Hi guys new here

I was painting a bunch of baits a week ago an when I was done like always I run really hot water an spray it threw my gun than I run a jar of air brush cleaner threw it than hot water again as well as my cup.I have an iwata eclipse with the cup attachment below.Well I tried painting today an the paint wont suck up in the cup threw the needle.Not sure what I can do to fi this.I ran a toothpick threw all the holes everything is clear where I can see light threw it still doesn't work.

What can I do to fix any info id really appreciate need to paint asap

If your shooting water based paint I would suggest you get some Createx Airbrush Restorer and soak the front end of your airbrush (everywhere that paint gets to) in the restorer overnight. After soaking do a thorough cleaning. I used the airbrush cleaner for a while, but was not impressed with it. Since switching to acetone to clean my brush I stopped having problems associated with a dirty airbrush. I use the acetone in the final cleanup as well as using it to clean the brush between color changes when spraying for extended periods of time or using paints, such as black and white, that have a lot of pigment in them.

The trick is to find a cleaning regimen that works for you and sticking to it. It's much easier to keep a brush clean than it is to deal with it getting dirty from time to time. Not only is it much less frustrating the brush will spray better as a result of being kept clean.

good luck,

Ben

p.s. I would advise against sticking foreign objects (toothpicks, needles, cotton swabs, etc.) into your airbrush as they can end up doing more damage than good.

Hello Mr RayburnGuy,

I am painting my jigs with an airbrush. I am using the CS Vinyl Lure Paint. The paint goes on very nicely and I really appreciate this method over dipping. The issue I am having is the thinner. I am using the CS Lure and Jig Finish thinner for thinning and clean up. The problem is the thinner is eating up the  O-Rings in my airbrush.  My air brush is the cheap  Harbor Freight Central Pneumatic Deluxe airbrush kit.. My question is: Can I use a lacquer thinner with this paint? Or should I invest in a better airbrush?  Do they even make an airbrush that will shoot vinyl paint?This particular air brush has a very thin O-Ring between the air cap and the air cap body. The exploded parts list does not even show this O-Ring which means I would probably never find one. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

Hi Basshoe,

Welcome to TU.

Hate to say it, but I can't help you with the vinyl lure paint. I've never used it so don't know anything that would be of help to you as far as the problems your having. My only suggestion would be to post this in the Wire Baits forum. There are a lot of very knowledgeable guys over that that build jigs, spinner baits, etc. who could help you.

good luck,

Ben

Hey Musky Glenn,

I am using the thinner that is displayed in the same area as the paint. It contains methyl isobutyl, ketone, and xylene. I can only find it where ever the paint is sold or on the www. I've tried 2 other thinners and they won't mix. In fact it turns they paint into a blob of too. Thanks for the input.