emptystringer81

Colors And Glitter

If you are getting in for cheap, don't go there.  There is nothing cheap about pouring and all the extras that one needs to do it safely.

I am going the other way (surprise!).  Call Bait Junky and give it a shot.  You have nothing to lose except your friends, your wife, and your sanity!

Seriously, if you don't try, you'll never know if it's for you, and you'll always wonder "what if".

Give it a shot, and, if you don't like it, chalk it up to experience and move on.

Maybe look at some posts about which colors to start with and save money by not buying a kits with colors you won't use. Spike its normal price is 3.45 a bottle no kit. And not much more for 4oz. Because I would want much more of certain colors and less of ones that are not used much.

I guess the answer depends on how seriously you are taking it, if you are planning on going full

Steam ahead, early on for me the baitjunkys kit would be a good start to cover bases as I have to have everything!

I'll lay my cards on the table, I mainly use baitjunkys and ispikeit for colours, glitters, pearls etc.

Both are excellent, both have different colour ranges in those products so you will find you will deal with both.

Work out what your essentials are and buy them. Personally I consider 0.15 and 0.40 hex to be what you need starting out, string and square I hardly use myself, spread your colours, refine later on and get the less common ones once you decide you need em.

Especially with glitter make sure you find out if it's a bleeder, bleeding red can make life hard on reheats for example, learnt that the hard way.

Edited by edgecrusher

Thanks foreveryone's advise, I dont know if I need that much glitter, it looks like it's different sizes of each color. I also do custom painted cranks and make my own jigs so could use the glitter for everything. I'm excited to try different colors and see what I can do. Think I'm gonna get the starter kit from bass tackle with the 6oz injector.