frog77

Newbie At Tu - With Some Questions

Hello everyone at TU - I saved the link to the forum a couple years ago and was poking around in my bookmarks today and came across it again so I decided to pop in and see what was going on. I went ahead and created an account. I will tell a little about myself below and then ask a couple questions hoping some of you can bring me up to speed.

My name is Skip, I'm 58 yrs old and produce my own topwater frog lures that I offer as alternatives to hollow and soft plastic frogs. I live on the East Coast and fish fresh and saltwater - fishing is really my life since I started as a boy. In my hometown it was automatic that boys would fish, play football and baseball and girls would do whatever girls did. I have several youtube channels but the one of interest here would be bloodknot101 for anyone that wants to check it out. Here is the link to that channel:  http://www.youtube.com/bloodknot101

My questions are:

1. What is the participation leval here at TU - just a rough estimate?

I ask because I see not very far down from the current topics, other topics that are several years old. How many active members (roughly) are posting here regularly?

2. I see that the main topic is fishing and pretty much everything that goes with it but is there any particular emphasis around fishing? Is TU about lure making or just fishing in general?

Thats it for now - bass wishes.

Frog77 - welcome to TU.

The active membership is a lot higher than you would see at any one time looking at the posts. Everyone has their pet subjects and many only post when they really have something to say.

If you post a question that has already been answered a thousand times, you are unlikely to get many answers, but post an interesting question and you could get 5 pages if in-depth discussion.

There are the occasional fish posts, but this site is ALL about lure building and solving build problems. Even showing off your lures is restricted to the gallery, to keep the forums clear for building threads.

Throw up a couple of questions and judge for yourself.

Dave

TU is a tackle building forum, a place where folks with the same interests in life (lure building AND fishing) meet to discuss topics, tips and techniques...

There is a column on fishing tips, but it is rarely active since there are other forums out there dedicated to fishing

It is also a database containing info from the BEST in the craft!.... Some of the older threads youve seen may be re-visits by members who searched a topic and had more to add or ask