odinohi

Lead Blood Levels

I started doing things differently. I leave my smokes and drink in the house while I am working with my lead. I'm on my third day of chantix. Only 3 days but I can almost feel it working on my brain. There is a company that makes lead removal products, can't think of the name but will post it later. Going to get some wipes and special soap to keep in the barn. Trying to change my ways before it's too late. I'll keep you posted. Tom

• Like 1

I started doing things differently. I leave my smokes and drink in the house while I am working with my lead. I'm on my third day of chantix. Only 3 days but I can almost feel it working on my brain. There is a company that

makes lead removal products, can't think of the name but will post it later. Going to get some wipes and special soap to keep in the barn. Trying to change my ways before it's too late. I'll keep you posted. Tom

Good to hear you are working on keeping your self healthier.

Good luck and stay safe.

Edited by Kasilofchrisn

Two threads going here .

Got the lead check the last physical and I'm good.  I'm w/ Fatman, I use to keep sinkers in my mouth when I fished.  Lucky, I guess?

As far as smok'n - good for you Smalljaw.  I've never been a smoker, but in the right environment - a couple beers and good friends, if someone lights up, I'll bum one (unless it's a menthol - yech!)  I haven't been in the environment since Oct last year, but will jump on the chance to have a smoke again.  Never felt the urge to have another afterwards.  I fish with a guy for up to a week and he brings a couple extra packs of smokes with him knowing I'll bum them.  After that week, I can give them up no problems.  Guess I'm lucky in that regards too.

Its a habit that can be picked up at any time

I was tobacco free for the first 30 years of my life.. Started fishing with a brother in law that always brought along a pack of black n milds... Kinda became our ritual

Next thing u know, im buying packs and bumming cigarettes from the wife..... But 5 years later (now) ive just about got it kicked... I cheated, got the fake one (e-cig), but hey, gotta have something to do while plastic cools

I have a close friend who kicked the heroin habit, but could never quit smoking.  It is a tough one, for sure.

Cigarettes are tough.  I used to have these dreams that I woke up smoked a cigarette and stubbed it out on the floor and went back to sleep.  It was so real when I did wake up I would look around on the floor to make sure there was no butt there.  I had those dreams for two years after I quit.  

• Like 1

Believe it or not it has been 12 weeks since I have smoked. I really haven't been pouring much in those 12 weeks though. My wife has been babysitting our 3 year old granddaughter and I have been staying close training her on being grandpas girl. Guess I 'll be pouring everyday again next year!

Believe it or not it has been 12 weeks since I have smoked. I really haven't been pouring much in those 12 weeks though. My wife has been babysitting our 3 year old granddaughter and I have been staying close training her on being grandpas girl. Guess I 'll be pouring everyday again next year!

Congrats on staying away from the smokes Odinohi.  :yay:  Non-smokers have no idea how hard that can be.

Ben

It's been years since my lead blood levels were check-so I had the blood test-( since I do this professionally 5-7 days a week

Lead blood levels were  in the safe range

1- I use  a 5 sided exhaust booth-25"x2"x25" w/ a variable speed commercial exhuse fan-600-825 cfm

vented thru the roof w/ a 10" duct

2-I  grind all the sprue cut-offs smooth w/ a 1x30 belt sander in an enclosed box w/ a fliterd vacuum cleaer input/exhaust port. Some a filed by hand in a vise and sanded.

3-I wear sugical gloves when grinding and filing lead.

3- All tools and mold handles are wiped clean after each use

Melting and grinding lead is not something you want to do w/ a half-assed exhaust system and without  using protective gloves in conjuction w/ a routine,thorough  cleaning routine @ the end of each pouring cycle. Lead dust is very harmful.Lead fumes are also dangerous that can build up in your blood,slowly over time. I stopped smoking 14 years ago.

My same system is using when melting,injecting plastisol and powder painting.You only have one set of lungs-protect them!