mark poulson

Do-It Essential Molds

I have the senko ess. mold also, shoots good but like said above it is not as shiny as a cnc mold, better that a plastic or rubber mold though. You should check out the enforcer baits beaver mold too. I have that one and really like it. Its thinner than a reaction beaver but i just find its helps you get a better hookset also not as bulky when used as a jig trailer.

I have the 7" ribbon tail mold. It shoots good and is a rough equivalent of a 7" powerworm. The cavity length is about 4 5/8".

My favorite essential series mold so far is the finesse crawler. I think a little texture adds to this bait.

The biggest drawback I've found with the sand texture is transparent baits get a frosted glass appearance.

The issue with polishing is that if you do the whole cavity it is likely they will have a more pronounced parting line because the edges will wear faster than the surfaces and it would very difficult to keep them uniform.  

What I recommend is that you get the bait wet and then look at it.  That's closer to what it will look like in the water.  

• Like 2

The issue with polishing is that if you do the whole cavity it is likely they will have a more pronounced parting line because the edges will wear faster than the surfaces and it would very difficult to keep them uniform.  

What I recommend is that you get the bait wet and then look at it.  That's closer to what it will look like in the water.  

ok.. i just thought maybe alittle polishin of the 7": ribbontail mold would make it look cleaner. never tried this but it was  a thought

A non-smooth texture on a bait is a bad thing because no one paid bags of money marketing one. Have an elite angler hold one up after a win and it will be the next big thing. Marketing can give many people more confidence in a bait than the fact it's good or not.

• Like 1

If you guys want your ES molds to be shiny what you do is take some high temperature engine enamel and spray your mold and let it set for a few days. I have done my ES grub mold, Am going to do the ribbon tail worm once I get some free time. Going to make a video tutorial about it aswell but here is an example. Top is before, bottom is after

14e2be869a33f539ae59536c132c2766.jpg

4a5fb3af23dd9c3dc57efb84131ffb30.jpg

• Like 1