PickwickSM

Modifying Jig Mold To Accept Center Pin Screw Lock

I just glue them into the brush guard hole.  It's a trick Rayburn Ben taught me years ago.

I have also drilled holes into jigs without brush guards, and glued them in, too.  That also works.

If it's a small jig, with a single wire weed guard, you can just cut the wire down to 3/4" long, thread the worm onto the wire, and then embed the hook like you always do.  If you can manage to put a hook bend into the end of the wire, or even a slight kink, so much the better.

What mold are you trying to do this to. Model number # . What you are trying to do is very simple and is an old process that we started doing about 9 years ago. Once I see your mold I can tell you what needs to be done.

Edited by cadman

I want to get the Do-It football jig w/screw loc FBB-6-SLA. I have a bunch of molds including FBW-4-AF(weedless football) and SRH-6G-SLA (shakie head screw lock). I make these for myself and a friend. He likes the center-pin screw lock and got me to try. I like a football head for my shakie heads and would like to have it with the center-pin screw.

I want to get the Do-It football jig w/screw loc FBB-6-SLA. I have a bunch of molds including FBW-4-AF(weedless football) and SRH-6G-SLA (shakie head screw lock). I make these for myself and a friend. He likes the center-pin screw lock and got me to try. I like a football head for my shakie heads and would like to have it with the center-pin screw.

So you have Do-It molds with the screw-lok option, and you want to use the exclusive Owner center pin screw-lok, and incorporate this into a Do-It mold, is this correct? If so, have you tried this before? If not then I have mistaken your intentions. The reason I'm asking if you have done this at all is for this reason. The Owner center pin screw lock is much bigger in diameter compared to most of the other screwlock, also there is no place to grab the screwlock and attach it to the hook shank. However let me take a look at this when I get home, and I will give you some ideas. Do you have a phone number, where I can call you to explain this to you tonigh. If so PM it to me, do not post it here.