Greg

Grey Shadow Hook Replacement

About 20 years, ago, there was a short shank, round bend, finesse hook, called the Grey Shadow Hook. It was promoted by Gary Klein. He also promoted a heavier hook known as the Black Weapon Hook. The hooks were made by Partridge Hooks in England under their model number GRS S5. I've contacted Partridge Hooks; and, they no longer make the hooks. Somewhere, along the way, I was told Mustad bought the hook or possibly Partridge Hooks; and, the hooks became the UltraPoint hook. Does anyone know where I might obtain some of the original Grey Shadow Hooks, or the Mustad replacement for these hooks?

The hook style would be round bend (Grey Shadow Hook was touted as have perfect round bend), light to fine wire, relatively short shank, and conical point (I believe).

I was going to make an inquiry to Mustad; but, I didn't see a link for email on their website.

Good luck trying to contact Mustad. Tried contacting them about where to buy certain hooks and after being handed off to a couple different email addresses I finally gave up. Couldn't find the hooks here in the U.S. and ended up ordering them from an overseas supplier selling on Ebay.

Ben

p.s. There are a lot of different style hooks with the "Grey Shadow" name that were made by Partidge. Had never heard of them until reading your post. I had heard of the "Black Weapon" hooks you mentioned though. Used to use them when they were available................good luck

I've already contacted Partridge.  The hook I'm looking for has already been replaced by two other hooks, neither of which are remotely close to the original.

Lacking contact information for Mustad, I'll probably contact Gamakatsu to see if they have something close.