Musky0503

Thank You All

Nice inline spinners.

Looks like your using the double solid clevis for yours.

As I build smaller double  inlines for pike I was wondering how your water testing went.

Have you noticed if there is any performance issues eg not spinning  or hard to start spinning with smaller blades ?

If so what have you experienced if any thing about a minumum blades size that these doubles work at?

Are the blades in the picture  larger than 8's? its hard to tell with out a size reference.

I had problems with double 6's and under using the solid double clevis with   colorado  style blades so switch to two single solid clevis overlapped to get ease of start without a big rod snap after the cast to get them started. Good luck with your bait making.Cheers.

On further notice looking at your pic.. Something just dosent look right to me.

Forgive me if Im wrong here but to me it looks like the shaft is running through the  blades as well as the clevis

Normal construction has the clevis holding the blades off of the shaft, the blades donot touch the shaft but pivot around it on the clevis. Hope this is just my bad eye sight here

.If they are actually mounted like that  how are the working? Just trying to be helpfull and share some experience.Cheers

yea on testing they running deep and hard to start turing. Once they start they are fine.I'm only using the #10 Colorado blades so don't now anything beyond that. We'll try the rod snap to get them going on their first musky test on the Chippewa Flowage sept 24th -27th. I'll post again when I get back from the trip. Hopefully with big fish pictures as well.

Oh Well I'm Back from my trip unfortunetly without any pics. But a good time was had by all. The hard turning part I got figured out. I had put the blade on the wire instead of the clevis. But the snap got them snipping right. I'll make the next batch with the Spoon running off the clevis then test again. Thanks for your help

Your very welcome Musky.

I too have been very lucky to have been able to get help, shared experience from others on this site. A truely awsome resource.

If your like me you will want to reshaft your original baits to get them working right  as the rod snap gets a bit tiersome after every cast.

If your using #10s they will lift and start very easily once mounted properly.

Also save yourself some grief and stick with solid clevice instead of the folded style.

Casting those big blades creates a lot of torque stress on the weaker folded ones causing them to twist and bind against the blade. 

Cheers