whackett

Nail Polish Remover

I was going to say that acetone was a better deal than nail polish remover, but I decided to check before letting my mouth overload my @$$.  Then I found this one:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/ONYX-Professionals-100-Pure-Acetone-Nail-Polish-Remover-16-fl-oz/11047134

Its still cheaper per ounce to buy a gallon of bulk acetone from the box hardware store, but this is cheaper per ounce than any of the smaller sizes.  

I would note that not all nail polish removers are pure acetone, and many of them have skin conditioners and other crap you might not want in your airbrush.  

• Like 1

As mentioned above read the labels some polish remover is also ethyl acetate.  I found it to react with some paints and gum up some of the components of the paint.  Also depending on the brush might want to make sure all components are resistant to the solvent used.  I swithced out to Viton if I recall when I ordered my brush.

Watched an Iwata airbrush cleaning video a while back and fingernail polish remover was what the Iwata guy used. Do not leave your airbrush to soak in acetone unless your sure the orings will not deteriorate learned this the hard way when I forgot mine for about 3 days

I left the neo I was trying to make work in a bowl of acetone because even after cleaning it, it acted plugged. I forgot it in the bowl, when I went back to it the orings were jelly. I assumed it had to be from the acetone. Never did get that brush to shoot paint even when it was new, but I wouldn't give up on it. I had two new brushes but still found myself trying to make that thing work