JRammit

Sports Or No Sports

Im sure we have some sports fans here... What is your game and who is your team??

For me.. There is only ONE sport!.. And the season starts in 2 weeks!!!

Football season is sacred to my family, its the only time of year we all get together.... We may talk and text occasionally durring the summer... But come fall, we all meet every Sunday for grilled food, grid iron and cold beer!

And we are an odd bunch!... I was raised just north of DFW in a Cowboy HATING family... I never understood why, but i knew better than to question it... Your second favorite team could be whoever you choose, but your favorite team was whoever was playing Dallas!

It is still this way today, and it makes for a much more interesting Sunday.... Instead of focusing on one game, our interest is spread over several

It is a verry colorful event!... We have fans of: Broncos, 49ers, Redskins, Giants, Vikings, Colts and Saints

When one plays the other it gets even better!... Well, maybe not for the neighbors

Edited by JRammit

"The other football" ha ha!

I played "soccer" as a kid... I developed a deep respect for the sport, it is one of the most physically demanding games on the plannet, rivaled only by boxing imo (done that too)

I still enjoy watching soccer sometimes, and i do spend more than i would like to admit on pay per view to see a good boxing match... Sometimes

Edited by JRammit

Haven't been to the new stadium yet, but a few friends have been there and weren't really impressed.  They need to get back to winning ways and OWN that park like they did at the 'Stick! 

On a side note, I'm getting sick and tired of people trashing the Niners.  I think they'll be okay this year.  They have a ton of young talent who just need to prove it on the field.  Should be an interesting year. 

• Like 1

any body know why my soft plastic baits keep coming out of the mold with hollow bodies?

You might have posted on the wrong thread... But never mind that

Is it a home made mold or did you buy the mold??

Ive had hollow baits come out of my molds (all home made) when i didnt vent them properly

At least we're not stuck wih Kaepernick aka Jay Cutler version 2

I was at Cutlers 1st start in Denver (vs Seahawks)... Kid had an arm, but didnt know what to do with it...

Kap has the same arm and more... If he can learn to spread the ball around.... Watch out!!!!!

And Gore for a rugby player??

Although i do like the addition of the zone run game... Denver stayed atop the league in rushing back when they used it, no matter who carried the ball

LOL yeah that one hurt, but Gore's no spring chicken, plus we have Hyde & Hunter.  Would I rather have had Gore hang around another year to mentor those guys?  Sure.....but it wasn't meant to be. 

We live close enough to the Texas Motor Speedway to see the glow from the "big hoss" screen on race nights

Im not a big fan, but my youngest son is... He's been infatuated by anything with wheels since he was a toddler

Occasionally ill watch the end of a race on TV with him... One of these days ill take him down the road to see it in real life

I fell in love with the NFL in "85" when the bears had Perry and Sweetness. They also had Jerry Richardson as a line backer who brought the NFL to the Carolina's where I live and I have been a Panthers fan ever since. Please don't hold this southern thing against me. Earnheardt wasn't bad either. Neither is Jr. lol

Edited by Musky Glenn

I had an old age moment and really got my players mixed up in the above post. Jerry Richardson was a wide receiver who caught passes from Johnny Unitus (sp) way back in one of the earlier Super Bowls The line backer for the bears in 85 was Ron Rivera who is now the coach of the Carolina Panthers. Sorry for the earlier brain freeze.

I do that all the time, and im not even old yet (ha ha!)

I think its about time for a few more expansion teams.. Not sure how they would split the divisions up??.. But now we have San Antonio and LA pulling for a team.. Id hate to see any other city lose theirs like Houston and Cleveland did for a few years

I would not recognize any NFL names of today, but I used to follow the game back in the 80's and 90's. The obvious names that spring to mind are Joe Montana and Jerry Rice at the 49ers. Troy Aikman and Emmitt Smith of the Cowboys. Dan Marino was a joy to watch, John Elway too.

UK didn't show that much NFL, and it tended to be the showcase stuff, so there are a lot of stars of that era that I probably never saw.

UK sports fans tend to scoff at NFL, with all the padding and the stopping and starting. But this is because they never took time out to look at the game properly. This from the people that brought the world test cricket, Pfft!

I like Australian rules too.

Dave