Basseducer

Powder Coat Oven

Two parts of that advert are in red:

1 - $40.00 (28% off)

2 - Does not ship to Indonesia

This is why I don't or even can't by things from overseas. On many items, for no reason, customs and excise are charging such exorbitant fees that customers have no choice but to refuse the item, which is then sent back at the sellers expense.

I have seen these ovens on the shelves here.

Dave

ExcludesAlaska/Hawaii, APO/FPO, US Protectorates, Africa, Asia, Central America and Caribbean,

Middle East, Oceania, Southeast Asia, South America, Bermuda, Greenland, Mexico, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, PO Box

I dont see Indonesia on that list Dave (copy/paste)..... Good thing you dont live in PO Box!

I have a large Sunbeam toaster oven as well, I paid $60 for it and I can place a lot of jigs in it. The thing that I like about the Eastwood is the 4 stainless heating elements, that will give you nice even heat without any hot or cold spots, let us know how you like it.

OK, the verdict is in.

I got it in last night. Really well packed with just a tiny, but adequate user page. The inside is cavernous compared to my toaster oven. It comes with two racks and multiple slots. The racks have offset end rails so you can flip them to make extra room. My toaster had one rack with 10 spokes (for lack of a better word) and could hold 100 half ounce football jigs. This one has two racks with 15 spokes each. I can hang a 1 ounce Poison Tail jig with a 7/0 EWG hook on the top rack and another one on the bottom rack.

It gets to temp rather quickly and is within 5 degrees of my IR thermometer. It has a circulating fan and the walls are insulated, but the outside still gets quite warm.

I would have liked the ability to run the fan without heat to help cool things down, but opening the door works pretty well.

For me it's a keeper.

• Like 2

OK, the verdict is in.

I got it in last night. Really well packed with just a tiny, but adequate user page. The inside is cavernous compared to my toaster oven. It comes with two racks and multiple slots. The racks have offset end rails so you can flip them to make extra room. My toaster had one rack with 10 spokes (for lack of a better word) and could hold 100 half ounce football jigs. This one has two racks with 15 spokes each. I can hang a 1 ounce Poison Tail jig with a 7/0 EWG hook on the top rack and another one on the bottom rack.

It gets to temp rather quickly and is within 5 degrees of my IR thermometer. It has a circulating fan and the walls are insulated, but the outside still gets quite warm.

I would have liked the ability to run the fan without heat to help cool things down, but opening the door works pretty well.

For me it's a keeper.

Ordered mine today, hope it's easier to use than my 2 smaller ovens.

You sold me with more room and good temp control.

Do you get even temps through out oven?

Are 3 knobs top/bottom temp & timer?

fshin2,

You are going to love the room. I just hung about 50 willow leaf blades and still hah enough room for about 100 1/2 oz. football jigs and that was the top rack only. Yes top is temp and bottom is timer that activates the fan. It seems to be a little warmer along the left wall close to the fan and there doesn't seem to be any cold spots. I imagine that it would do better when it's full. I am very happy with it.

Basseducer, thanks for the info, as well as posting this in the first place. Good to know no cold spots. Sounds like the fan is doing it's job.

What is temp difference near the fan?

It will be nice to put in a big load instead of alot of smaller ones. I will probably use the ovens I currently have for pre heating my jig heads for powder painting then finish heating them with the heat gun to make the Powder stick.

ETA is Thursday, I'll keep you posted after my first trial run.

My little toaster oven defaulted at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. The LED display was so burned out that you could not read anything. I just used it at the default setting for everything. I did a batch of 1/2 oz. footballs and set it a 350 for 30 minutes and they turned out fine. I'll have to read up on the powders I have to see if I can adjust my times.

Just So I understand.

You ran the Eastwood powder coat oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes on a batch of 1/2 oz footballs and they turned out fine, correct?

That confirms what a local PP business is telling me, that 350 degrees for 30 min should be fine.

Edited by fshng2

I have my oven set at 350. Put the jigs in cold, turn it on for 30 minutes, turn it off. Never had an issue. Have done "drop" test on them and they haven't cracked yet. Good thing to, because the test are not planned lol.

• Like 1