Curt - NC

2015 Coolest Lure Contest Is Now Underway!

The 2015 Coolest Lure Contest is on!!

http://www.tackleunderground.com/lure_contest.html

It's time to enter your best lures into the new contest.

Lure submission starts now and runs through the end of September.

Please visit this page for more info: http://www.tackleunderground.com/lure_contest.html

The contest gallery is located here: http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/gallery/category/18-2015-coolest-lure-contest/

Rules are posted at the top of that page.

Please be sure to tell all your lure maker friends too :)

• Like 1

I'm assuming you're loading the mobile site on your phone. If so, you'll need to scroll to the bottom and click where it says "Full Version".

From there, click through to the Gallery and then click on the gallery for the 2015 contest, click on the proper category and upload your entry.

TU screenshot mobile.png

TU screenshot mobile.png

TU screenshot mobile.png

TU screenshot mobile.png

TU screenshot mobile.png

TU screenshot mobile.png

TU screenshot mobile.png

TU screenshot mobile.png

post-44589-0-43480900-1441307017_thumb.p

Bbob... I did it from my phone... Just click Curt's link in post #1 ("The contest gallery is located here")... Then choose your category... Then click "full version" (on the bottom of the page)

From there you can upload

Tip:

Sometimes (dependant of the camera on your phone) your files will be too big to upload (or they will upload sideways)... Solution: take a screen shot of your pic and upload that file instead

If you still have problems, let us know what kind of phone you are using

You would have to login first...that helps....or create an account. My only question is how do we upload more than one pix of the same item so that we can show the many processes or angles? I didn't know how to do this so I posted three pix of the same thing in one category...I know it says post one item to one category but it's the same thing in various stages..Sorry about that. Hope it won't affect the outcome b/c I didn't post two different items anyhow...If I need to delete, please inform me. I will do so.

I also have a question...Please do help me out. I have a lure that is in the category of handmade, but the item is factory made, meaning it does come out of a company but it isn't related to fishing...and I turned it into a fishing lure by breaking it down and rebuilding it like a lure. Would that still qualify me into the contest? I mean what if you take a doll from a particular brand and turn it into a lure? That's factory made, but it's not factory made fishing lure......so it would still qualify right??????

Edited by LiloTroy2

Lilo - my thoughts are; hard baits are made out of all kinds of materials, from broom handles to plastic cladding, cigarette lighters and wine corks. There should be no limit to the material or what it was originally intended.

This is just my opinion. This is Kurt's game and his opinion is what counts.

Dave

Vodkaman, I know. I was just asking if I can get a confirmation from the support team so I can use a fishing lure I made that is very cool and unique in the Best Handmade category...but the category says no factory blank or whatever....so......I suppose I should be given the go since it is not from a fishing company nor is it a blank.

For anyone who is having trouble uploading their photo, please follow these steps.

lc1.png

1 - Click "Gallery" at the top of the site.

lc2.png

2 - Click on the category you want to enter a lure in

lc3.png

3 - Click the Upload button

lc4.png

4 - Click the Choose Files button and then choose the file on your computer that you wish to upload

lc5.png

If you're having trouble with this part of the process and you can't upload a file, please click where it says "Try our basic uploader".

lc6.png

5 - Once your file has been uploaded, you should see the screen above. It will show you a tiny thumbnail preview of your photo. If it shows the correct image, please click the Review & Publish button.

lc7.png

If it shows the incorrect photo, please click the red "Delete" link next to the photo thumbnail.

lc8.png

6 - After you've clicked on Review & Publish, you'll see the screen above. Enter the required details about your lure, including the title, info about the lure and how it was created, etc. and then click the Finish & Publish button.

That's it!

If you're using Google Chrome and you seem to be having trouble with this process, please try downloading and installing Firefox and use that. Firefox is by far the most trouble-free browser.

It can be downloaded here: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/desktop/

One other thing I would suggest is to make sure you're logged in when trying to upload. Not being logged in will cause you to get taken in a loop when you try to upload a pic!

I think someone above here might have mentioned this too, but I wanted to make sure it get's put out there for everyone's sake.