Curt - NC

2015 Coolest Lure Contest Is Now Underway!

Ha!.. nugene, no appology needed, i was excited too!

To answer your question, yes, thats what its all about!.... Lets see whacha got!

Rewind.. I thought you were talking about a soft bait, maybe you meant a molded hard bait.... I think that would still count as hand made, since you made the master by hand

Everyone, I'm seeing a lot of people entering multiple lures in the same category.

Please note that only one lure is allowed per category!!

I'm also seeing a lot of people uploading multiple photos per entry. This is also not allowed. Please choose your best pic and upload only that one pic!

If you wish to show multiple pics for a lure you made, please use photo collage software to create a grid or collage of some type.

And to clarify, you can enter multiple categories.

Thanks for your cooperation with this.

Here's my first suggestion regarding the multiple entries problem.

If you entered more than one lure in one category, please notify me and I will remove the extra entries for you. Just specify which entry you wish to keep in the contest.

If you entered more than one photo in a category, for the same lure, notify me and let me know which photo you'd like to keep, and I will remove the extras.

Please do this right away, as the contest ends tonight, at midnight.

If you know anyone who might have made either of these mistakes, please notify them of this so they can get it taken care of if they choose to do so.

Thanks

It seems that a small number of people were having trouble uploading their pics yesterday, due to size limitations.

In light of this, we are extending the deadline for entering for 24 hours. Tonight at midnight is the new cutoff time. There will be no further extensions! So be sure to get your photos uploaded today.

If you're having problems uploading please contact me! And keep it courteous. I received one support request very late last night that was pretty rude. I don't  need your attitude. I just need to know what's wrong so I can help you fix it.

So if you're having trouble, either post here, use the Contact page here on TU to submit a support ticket.

http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/index.php?app=nexus&module=support&section=new

Also, if you're getting an error message about file sizes being too large, please go this site and compress the image to reduce the file size and then try uploading it again:

http://compressjpeg.com/

I tested this site with a 3.4 MB file and it reduced it to 749 KB, so I know it works.

Thanks

• Like 1

Kurt - this is a great idea for a contest. Yes, a few misunderstandings and problems have arisen and stress levels are rising. I hope you manage to resolve all the problems and bring the contest to a successful conclusion. I also hope that everyone involved manages to stay calm and understand that this is the first such competition of this type and experience will be gained for the future.

I really hope that this competition is  success and will be run again in the not too distant future.

Good luck to all.

Dave

I like the contest idea, and would like to see it every year... Hard to imagine contestants being upset?? As it is mainly to their benefit

If anyone should be stressed out, its the judges!.... So many amazing entries! And someone has the task of narrowing each field down to 3... Good luck with that, i dont envy you at all

Edited by JRammit
  • Like 1

Ben - I though this was the first contest based on photos, but I could be wrong, as I don't usually get involved with competitions.

Usually contests involve delivering lures all over the world and at great expense in my case. This photo based competition has really grabbed my interest. It is just a shame that I am not yet set-up for lure building, due to a difficult three years without a workshop and now heavy work commitments. I would certainly be interested in taking part in the future.

I think the contest could benefit from video too, but this may need a few more years before video becomes a commonly available tool.

Dave

I just want to say this is a great contest. I really enjoy posting. If they do this again, I will show you some other amazing lures next year. I do think I have some cool lures. I just wish the uploading process lets you post several pix on as one entry b/c I am one of those who accidentally uploaded several pix to one entry since I thought it operates like CL where you just keep uploading onto one section. I thought that's how some people collage their photos, but it does seem that have to use an app for that.  I don't mind one pix but I wanted to show the process which you do to get to the end result. I think the owner has deleted my other picture entry in the same category. I don't see them no more and I have notified TU. I don't want to be disqualified. I didn't mean to do it like that. I just thought you can group the pix..but then once it is done, I couldn't find a way to delete them. With that said, I do apologize if I have upset people. 

I just want to say this is a great contest. I really enjoy posting. If they do this again, I will show you some other amazing lures next year. I do think I have some cool lures. I just wish the uploading process lets you post several pix on as one entry b/c I am one of those who accidentally uploaded several pix to one entry since I thought it operates like CL where you just keep uploading onto one section. I thought that's how some people collage their photos, but it does seem that have to use an app for that.  I don't mind one pix but I wanted to show the process which you do to get to the end result. I think the owner has deleted my other picture entry in the same category. I don't see them no more and I have notified TU. I don't want to be disqualified. I didn't mean to do it like that. I just thought you can group the pix..but then once it is done, I couldn't find a way to delete them. With that said, I do apologize if I have upset people. 

You haven't upset anyone. If you uploaded multiple photos for one lure, you do have the option to delete the extra photos, as far as I know.