Tony Maxwell

Do It Molds

I buy mostly from Barlow's largely because the have a very informative website and I'm confident I'm buying the right hooks, wires etc for the mold I'm buying.

I also highly recommend Barlows. 

They have everything you need and I am always needing other stuff as well so it makes sense to get it all at once.

Excellent customer service and always well packaged.

I had an issue with a Zeiners order so gave up on them myself.

I believe Shark River Mail order was cheaper than Zeiners but it took awhile to get my molds.

I have ordered lots of stuff from Zeiner's. Their prices are great - a lot cheaper than Barlow's - and the service was better. I used to order a bunch of stuff from Barlow's, but I got a few bucktails that were absolutely crap. I looked around, found Zeiner's and have always been satidfied with them.

Pete

I have ordered lots of stuff from Zeiner's. Their prices are great - a lot cheaper than Barlow's - and the service was better. I used to order a bunch of stuff from Barlow's, but I got a few bucktails that were absolutely crap. I looked around, found Zeiner's and have always been satidfied with them.

Pete

I am sorry you had poor service from us but just to be clear.  The bucktails from Zeiners are from Wapsi the same as us so if you get crap bucktails from us then you will probably get the same from Zeiners.  We send out what we receive from Wapsi.  We do not get to pick and choose what we receive.  Also their bucktail prices are higher than ours not less.

• Like 1

I am sorry you had poor service from us but just to be clear.  The bucktails from Zeiners are from Wapsi the same as us so if you get crap bucktails from us then you will probably get the same from Zeiners.  We send out what we receive from Wapsi.  We do not get to pick and choose what we receive.  Also their bucktail prices are higher than ours not less.

I haven't bought bucktails from Zeiner's, but their prices on molds were cheaper. I used to buy lots of stuff from Barlow's and the service was good. However, on one order I got some fluorescent yellow bucktails and some other materials. One of the white bucktails looked crappy and one of the fluorescent yellow bucktails looked like something had gone awry in the dyeing process -  part of the yellow bucktail was actually brown - almost like it had been burned. I realize that was Wapsi's fault for sending it to you, but the people who package things need to q quick check on quality - Stevie Wonder could have seen this problem! As I say, that was the only problem that I had in a fair number of orders, but it just ticked me off so much that I never went back.

Pete

I haven't bought bucktails from Zeiner's, but their prices on molds were cheaper. I used to buy lots of stuff from Barlow's and the service was good. However, on one order I got some fluorescent yellow bucktails and some other materials. One of the white bucktails looked crappy and one of the fluorescent yellow bucktails looked like something had gone awry in the dyeing process -  part of the yellow bucktail was actually brown - almost like it had been burned. I realize that was Wapsi's fault for sending it to you, but the people who package things need to q quick check on quality - Stevie Wonder could have seen this problem! As I say, that was the only problem that I had in a fair number of orders, but it just ticked me off so much that I never went back.

Pete

Pete,

I'd suggest you give them a call or email if you have a problem with an order.  They have always been responsive and fair with me, and I am just a hobby builder.

They are too good a source to give up on after one problem.

I haven't ordered a ton of stuff from Barlow's, but did have one experience that didn't sit that well with me. I was ordering some supplies to tie up some hair jigs and had ordered several colors of synthetic hair. I didn't find out that they were out of two of the colors until the order came in. They didn't charge me for the material that was out of stock, but if that information had been available on the website I could have made other arrangements to get what was needed. As it was I had to order from another supplier and wait another week before tying up the jigs. Since I don't make baits for sale it was only an inconvenience to me.

Ben