ACarrell

Crystalac Crabcoat

I searched, but didn't find anything. I was wondering if any of you guys have tried Crystalac Crabcoat finish. It's a non-yellowing, UV protected, marine grade coating that looked pretty interesting. From what I can tell, you could just dip it and it dries pretty fast. I'm thinking about trying some, but didn't know if any of you guys had any recommendations regarding this product. Thanks !

http://www.crystalac.info

First post in a long while. I have tried it and, so far, I like it. It's not designed for dipping but does dip well. However, with a thick, dipped coat it takes several weeks to completely harden. It will dry to the touch in under 24 hours but you can still dent it with your fingernail two weeks later. Since I haven't made any lures in while I haven't tried spraying it so I can't comment on that part of it.

Gene

I spend  around 3-4 thousand dollars a year on my components for my baits. I use epoxy about 2% of the time and when I did buy it I bought 4 cases at $2.75 a pack. I'm just saying to buy a gallon it is over $100.00 and I can't see paying that.It might be the cats meow but right now I may wait.

Jeff

Mark - yeah, I seem to be getting addicted as well!

Vodkaman - yeah, wouldn't that be great!

Hey, I just wanted to take a second and thank you guys for all the advice you've given me in the short time I've been building lures. You've been super generous with your knowledge and it's really helped me improve quite fast. So, cheers! Here's to you!

Thanks! I use concrete sealer in the garage with the door open in the summer but in the cold season, I'm stuck in the apartment. Garage isn't heated and it's a long cold 50 foot walk to and from the apartment. D2T has been my go to in the cold months but I'm looking for something I can dip and hang. Might give it a shot.

• Like 1