dr.olds

Little Dipper Crock Pot

I was looking for a suitable sized melt pot for small batches that I inject. Presto pots seem to be very hard to find in Canada . This mini crock pot seems like it would be the perfect size but not hot enough.Its temp is pre set mostly for warming. I was wondering if anyone has played around with bypassing the internal thermostat and using a dimmer to control temp. is it conceivable to get 320 deg out of a crock pot this way.

Thanks Noel

little dipper.jpg

little dipper.jpg

little dipper.jpg

little dipper.jpg

little dipper.jpg

little dipper.jpg

little dipper.jpg

little dipper.jpg

post-48206-0-27586300-1443790601_thumb.jpg

Baitjunkys has a pid controller for the presto pots. I have a couple of them and they work good but really don't think they would control the temp on that little unit since it's set so low. The other thing I know he's working on is a small two pot heating system for the hobbyist but it's not finished yet. You could certainly order the presto from Amazon or something but get what you're saying about smaller.

At one time there was a thread concerning the usual fryers (fry daddy etc...).  I don't know if the slow cooker is similar but the claim was once the base was removed there was a temperature set screw that was covered with some sort of coating that could be removed and then the temperature set.  Never tried it so might not be legit.

The small crock we have at my house looks to have a "rivet" that has to be removed before the base could even attempt to be removed from the housing.