joetheplumber

Possible New Clear Coat

My observations are it takes a good two days to dry. And I missed a spot on a lure a few days ago, so instead of recoating it in the art resin I dipped it in kbs diamond, and the lure has lumps everywhere.

if it's cold where the resin is drying, yes it'll take a long time. resin curing is affected by temperature. 

as for your lure mishap, sand it down and recoat it in ArtResin and it should be fine.

Will hitting the lure with a hair dryer, or some other gentle heat source, speed up the curing?

heat in general encourages curing, while cold spaces make curing slower. i would just warm up the room if you want them to cure faster.

the flame thing that's come up in conversation here is more in reference to bubble release. 

What! Never heard of this happening before. Sure resin heats up when it's mixed, they all do... but eating through a plastic cup? must have been a cheap cup! Sorry to hear that, nonetheless.

The red party cups are made of polystyrene (#6) plastic. The little mixing cups (like the ones on nyquil bottles) are made of polypropylene (#5 in the triangle). It makes a difference. Try switching to a different plastic container.

That's some gooood salsa! Is that how they make it in the bay area?

That was back down south in Los Angeles, 40+ years ago.

I was too drunk to even taste it, except that it was HOT, or to remember to bring it in when I got home.

She was from Roswell, NM, and she said it was her dad's salsa recipe.

I'm kind glad I didn't get the recipe from her, or I'd probably have a hole in my stomach by now!

• Like 1

@ Lipripper

I have been using a 50 50 mix of polyurethane and mineral spirits on my cedar baits as a sealer I get about a .015" penetration on the long grain and .020 on the end grain , I let it soak for 10 mins and air dry for an hour or so then coat with rust- oleum enamel for my base coat , I have had no bled through at all with acrylic airbrushed paints and etex for top coats good luck.

David J

That was back down south in Los Angeles, 40+ years ago.

I was too drunk to even taste it, except that it was HOT, or to remember to bring it in when I got home.

She was from Roswell, NM, and she said it was her dad's salsa recipe.

I'm kind glad I didn't get the recipe from her, or I'd probably have a hole in my stomach by now!

Mark--I seem to remember Roswell N.M  had a past association with a famous UFO incident- Although it was supposed to have happened 2 years before we were  born!!!!! Maybe she added some sort of radioactive isotope her dad gave her from this UFO crash---This may explain why it was so hot, AND melted the plastic cup--------------------

Sorry,,,,,I may have started another conspiracy theory here :flame:   :eek:   8O

-Roswell DailyRecord July8,1947.jpg

Pete

post-15507-0-92182000-1463906629_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Please keep us updated ! I would love to see the video ! I have been using devcon 2T.. and I have been looking for something easier to clear coat my lures with... I have been looking into dick nites s81 but due to the fact that I work in my apartment I wanna stay away from using anything toxic.

Please keep us updated ! I would love to see the video ! I have been using devcon 2T.. and I have been looking for something easier to clear coat my lures with... I have been looking into dick nites s81 but due to the fact that I work in my apartment I wanna stay away from using anything toxic.