mark poulson

Nathan

His daughter posted a video of him today, moving his legs and feet pretty well and smiling.

Here's what she posted:

Dad is an amazing tolerant patient. He is at the University in Columbia. They are diagnosing as Post operative myelitis at this time. He is a puzzle to them for sure.
They think he should turn around. May have some residual weakness and need therapy, but we are very hopeful for a full turnaround. So infectious disease is seeing him bc of the temperature spike... Just to make sure they aren't missing anything else. So will take some time, but we feel like it's pretty good news. Starting him back on the steroids and possible immunoglobulins. Still deciding for sure. He could lift his legs yesterday morning off the bed and just now moved himself to the side of the bed. Huge improvement from no movement in legs! Thank you for all the prayers keep them coming.Bettencourt Baits

She smuggled him outside today, so he must be doing better.

On the 25th I had double hernia surgery and was recovering well ..This last Tuesday I began losing feeling in my feet and by Wednesday morning I had lost all feeling and use of my legs from the waist down.They sent me to a hospital that specializes in neurological disorders...and I stumped them too!!..after some really scary guesses as to what this might be they believe my first surgery caused my spinal cord to swell which caused the loss of the use of my lower extremities...I'm slowly getting tingling sensation back into my legs and movement is improving..Just not much coordination yet..everything is miss firing as it wakes up...it will be a few weeks of in house rehab. Teaching me to walk again..Thank you for the positive thoughts and prayers..My wife and I sure appreciate them..Nathan

• Like 1