bigbrown

glitter lure

hey guys, i was wondering how to put the glitter on a bait? ive been using that magic glitter craft glue and just painting it on but i want a little bigger glitter peices so it actually looks like scales. so then i tryed a bigger glitter and mixed it with the epoxy before coating my lure and there were bumps sticking off the side and alot of the glitter peices would not lay down flat. do u just have to carefuly sprinkle it on? and also what would be the nicest glitter to use and where can i get it? thanks guys,

bigbrown

been there, sometimes you'll even get it with smaller micro glitters. Sometimes a flake is simply suspended on the outer edge of the epoxy & it stays there.

A tip would be to grab a can of transparent spray adhesive & add your glitter before clearcoating. you can even use your hands/fingers to make sure all the flakes are pressed relatively flat on the bait. the epoxy should cover better then.

The upside to the extra work is that you can control where the glitter goes on the bait, you could even apply 2tone or multi-color patterns that way too.

Hope it works for ya.

redg8r