Curt - NC

2015 Coolest Lure Contest Winners!

I'll even do the that skunk w/ the creeper blades but better, just for the heck of things.

It is comments like the above that really get people's backs up, certainly mine. If you could tone down the severe delusions of grandeur attitude, then I would certainly be interested in what you had to say and show. There are no superstars on this site, only those that we personally choose to give that status to. I have a few superstars, but I am not going to embarrass them by naming them here.

I wish you lots of success with your lures and congratulate you on your prize. I hope you pay attention to the attitude advice that several members have been generous enough to offer you. The correct attitude will serve you well here on TU, but perhaps more importantly, in life.

Dave

• Like 3

@ JRammit

Certainly you may link ANY of my humble videos anywhere you please , ........like Curt stated , they're up to public view(really need to switch to another browser but IE , enabling my to do it by myself) .

But that video there is not detailed explanation about how to make the wings , just some brief information and assembly pictures .

But there isn't  really much to it , ......provided , one has access to the tools to work with stainless steel sheet(shears for straight and curved cuts , fine metal saw , files , drillpress , vise  , plastic hammer , hammer ,  riveter , polishing wheels and a few others) .

The probably most complicated(or better said , maybe most uncommon) thing , ........the way how to make the creeper wings hinge ferrules , ....has already been put up for here on TU  since 6 1/2 years , ...please check the forum section "Hardbaits " under topic "Member Submitted Tutorials" , .....somewhere on page two there is a thread titled "Sheet Metal Hinges" , ...my initial post there contains a PDF file about such hinges , ...basically same way the hinge ferrules of my creeper wings were made ,  ......BUT , ....a lot more simple to do than the rather elaborate swimbait hinges , .....I promise ! 

Thanks a lot for your interest , always happy and glad , if I should be able to provide a little input and help with my humble lure,-and video work , .....greetings , Dieter  :yay:

Edited by diemai
  • Like 2

I have to agree with RayburnGuy, working with stainless steel sheet metal is not all that easy, specially when you are working on such a small piece like those wings. I'm sure, if I looked hard enough, I'd be able to find a scare or two from when I've tried it.

I would like to view the video. Can you tell me what to search for on YouTube to find it?

@m_vandorn

Just type in "Homemade Creeper Lure" into the YouTube search bar ,.....my channel name there is "61diemai" .

I agree about the difficulties on working with stainless steel , , ......but for the creeper wings it's just 0,5 mm thick sheet and for the assembly plates it's 1,0mm thickness , ...still manageable to me , ......I'm handmaking stainless casting spoons of 1,5mm and up to 2,0 mm stainless sheets as well , ....and the 2,0mm stuff is getting increasingly tough .

Greetings , Dieter :yay:

Edited by diemai

@ JRammit

Certainly you may link ANY of my humble videos anywhere you please , ........like Curt stated , they're up to public view(really need to switch to another browser but IE , enabling my to do it by myself) .

But that video there is not detailed explanation about how to make the wings , just some brief information and assembly pictures .

But there isn't really much to it , ......provided , one has access to the tools to work with stainless steel sheet(shears for straight and curved cuts , fine metal saw , files , drillpress , vise , plastic hammer , hammer , riveter , polishing wheels and a few others) .

The probably most complicated(or better said , maybe most uncommon) thing , ........the way how to make the creeper wings hinge ferrules , ....has already been put up for here on TU since 6 1/2 years , ...please check the forum section "Hardbaits " under topic "Member Submitted Tutorials" , .....somewhere on page two there is a thread titled "Sheet Metal Hinges" , ...my initial post there contains a PDF file about such hinges , ...basically same way the hinge ferrules of my creeper wings were made , ......BUT , ....a lot more simple to do than the rather elaborate swimbait hinges , .....I promise !

Thanks a lot for your interest , always happy and glad , if I should be able to provide a little input and help with my humble lure,-and video work , .....greetings , Dieter :yay:

Still worth the watch☺

Homemade Creeper Lure:

• Like 2

It's the humility and willingness to share, such as what Dieter has exhibited, that makes TU a great place to learn and grow.

As soon as puffed up heads and big egos get involved, it all goes out the window.

I hope everyone can learn a valuable lesson from posts like those that Dieter makes, along with others like him who are willing to share and help others, instead of veiling everything in secrecy and playing King of The Hill in their heads.

• Like 3

You guys make me blush , .......I'm just a little passionate about lures , ...that just about it !

But I 100% agree to Curt's statement , ........a great site like this stands and falls with the willingness and cooperation of it's members , .....the seniors , the regulars AND the newbies alike , .....and I consider myself to be just a very,very tiny cogwheel in this great gearbox called TU .

........and thanks a lot for the positive recognition of my humble video clips :worship:,...that's my encouragement to do some more in future , .....

Greetings , Dieter :yay:

• Like 2