Skimpy

Making A Spinnerbait Using A Jig Mold

My buddy and I modified a jig mold to accept spinnerbait wires. It came out pretty nice !!!

Nice job!

I'm curious if the the video was stabilized by youtube during the upload 

I see the date stamp jumping all around but the video images are pretty stable

I've uploaded to youtube and they have offered to stabilize the shaky parts but I have declined

Thanks!

• Like 1

Would using a harder lead prevent this?

I doubt it.  I had a Stanely spinnerbait that would catch fish when a virtually similar one would not.  But, the wire lossened in the head after a while.  A little JB weld tightened it back up and it's still going strong many years later.

Nice job!

I'm curious if the the video was stabilized by youtube during the upload 

I see the date stamp jumping all around but the video images are pretty stable

I've uploaded to youtube and they have offered to stabilize the shaky parts but I have declined

Thanks!

Yes YouTube stabilized it and now the date jumps around lol. Usually have te date stamp off. The stabilize function on YouTube usually works

Great head, one thing to be vary of, is I found wires loosen easier in that mold than others - must be due to the compact head leaving less wire embedded before the hook.

I have been keeping an eye out for this. I've been making sure to get as much lead on the hook as possible. So far so good.

I've poured a bunch of these now. Like edgecrusher was saying about the hooks loosening, I have had a few that there were loose wires. I inspected every one I made closely. the majority of them came out great, but there were a few that were lose. We will see how the good ones last after a lot of use !!!!