cajunlures

Injection Machine For Sale?

4 hours ago, Gus1969 said:

Is the shooting star hard to figure out.

I have used my unit roughly 4 times since receiving it a few months back... still nutting out the PID's and actual plastisol temps. to me the plastisol temps are way higher than what the temp probes are sending.
Some molds prefer a lower temp to shoot laminates correctly whereas others are happy only at higher temps.
Like said , still working out methods. When requiring  perfect shots ( small production work) I've resorted back to the Basstackle dual injector and open pots for minimal wastage and time. Once workloads drop I may have time to re melt sprues and crud plastic to fully nut out the system and maximise it's potential 
Definitely not a plug and play unit .... but what is ?

Well the one I have is the mini not the larger version so I can’t really speak to it but like anything else we watched quite a few YouTube videos before using it and that always helps. Definitely helpful for setup with it. There are about 6 setup videos. The temps do run a little bit off from they say they are but they run even so laminates have been great with it not having to make sure the plastic is always just right with a microwave. We had some trouble with bubbles at first but figured out that even if you aren’t using the other side it has to be kept on and that solved the bubble problem. We use dead on plastic which is already great but without the cooling and reheating it seems to stay much more clear all the way through and it’s working great. We’re just shooting a lot of one color and storing it until time to package it and send it out. The only real downfalls we’ve had with it so far is I do wish there was an easier way to clean the previous color out, and when using glitter the last shoot or two doesn’t have as much so we sometimes end up saving that for remelt if it isn’t matching up. It’s definitely speeding things up dramatically if you’re shooting a lot of one color and have a place for storage though. 

092CF43A-9990-4C8C-BECC-43A07C088446.jpeg

3BFC2A77-B04F-45CC-8069-FA167A66AE24.jpeg

11 hours ago, CCB said:

No not at all. We’re loving the shooting star. Just wanted to figure out how to use it with the Jacobs molds without drilling on the sprue ports. The shooting star has been awesome!! Laminates perfect and even solved some issues we were having with flaring on a couple of molds. They got it shipped faster than anticipated and customer service from ultra molds is great. They checked in to keep me updated along the way and it’s very easy to use. They’re definitely the way to go

Maybe they can help you figure out how to adapt the Jacobs molds to their machine.

On 1/29/2020 at 10:05 PM, CCB said:

I have a shooting star and cannot use it to shoot the Jacobs molds. Emailed rick to get the sprue measurements so I could order custom sprue extenders and make it work for the molds of his I already have as well and instead of just giving me the measurements he asked why and when I told him he said “good luck with your overpriced hand injector.” Never I have encountered anyone who does such poor business and it is of no surprise that his company is not bigger than it is despite that he makes quality products or that he has no social media platforms for reviews. Had I known then what I know now I would’ve never invested so much money with him. 

Do you know exactly how big that company is and their annual revenue?  I'm looking to invest and any inside info would be great.

• Haha 1

I have a custom Shooting Star system that has been in use every day since the Gen2 was released many years ago. Hundreds of gallons have been through it with Zero issues! On a typical 8 hour day, it will put out 4,500 5" Stickbaits (approximately 13 gallons) For the size of my needs, this system really delivers.....and it didn't cost me $20,000.00. I can not speak for the stock mixing system of the Ultra Moulds Shooting Star, because I have a custom laminar mixing/pot system to handle the salt content needed for Stick baits.

2 color system.jpg

4 hours ago, camrynekai said:

I have a custom Shooting Star system that has been in use every day since the Gen2 was released many years ago. Hundreds of gallons have been through it with Zero issues! On a typical 8 hour day, it will put out 4,500 5" Stickbaits (approximately 13 gallons) For the size of my needs, this system really delivers.....and it didn't cost me $20,000.00. I can not speak for the stock mixing system of the Ultra Moulds Shooting Star, because I have a custom laminar mixing/pot system to handle the salt content needed for Stick baits.

2 color system.jpg

4,500 5" Stick baits made (approximately 13 gallons) on a typical 8 hour day. ???

That's 562.5 baits per hour, 9.375 baits per minute, plus de molding, trimming, and curing time. I'm a little skeptical about all this. How long does it take to heat up 13 gallons of plastic and keep it from scorching the color?

Do you have a picture of 4500 piece run that you have done in 8 hours? I would like to see it.

14 hours ago, Makingitrite said:

That's 562.5 baits per hour, 9.375 baits per minute, plus de molding, trimming, and curing time. I'm a little skeptical about all this.

"That's 562.5 baits per hour, 9.375 baits per minute"

It takes exactly 21 seconds from draw to topping off mold and that's not being in a rush. (21 seconds for 20 Sticks.) have posted the video several times over the years and its also on my FB page, if your skeptical check it out.

"Trimming"????

I don't trim anything. Not sure what trimming would be needed unless you molds are causing flashing.

"Curing time"

It takes my machine about 7 minutes to cycle a load of plastisol, during that process the molds are emptied and baits hung on racks for 10 day curing, color and glitter added to the now ready plastic......fill molds again and repeat.

"How long does it take to heat up 13 gallons of plastic and keep it from scorching the color?"

13 gallons at once? my operation isn't that large. My setup is custom and its design was targeted to make 100 5" Sticks per batch. It takes about 7 minutes per cycle. (raw plastiol to 355 and back down to 298-302 for shooting)

16 hours ago, Gus1969 said:

Are you selling it

No sorry. Its one of my most prized possessions. Spent almost 10 years to perfect it. Temp control/cycles and mixing salt and plastic consistently, on a small scale system without aeration ....was one of the most challenging tasks ever! Thankfully Ultra molds had a crazy cool delivery system for me to add to my little invention....The Shooting Star!!!!!