Little Chardy

Newbie Question- Using One Injector To Do Two Colors

I'm sure it's faster to use two injectors for making a laminate bait, but I don't have the money right now. Will the bait hold up if I injector one side using a laminate plate than empty out the injector and then put in a different color and then injector the rest of the bait. What am I looking at as far as time for the bait to be able to fuse together.

I just hand pour one side of the mold and then shoot the other color. It is pretty quick. Some molds it won't work with because of small appendages unless you are ok with just the body being two tone and the rest of the bait being one color.

That can be a very good look sometimes.  I do it with buzz frogs.  I also two color inject them.  Both are good looks.  

I agree Bob especially on the frogs. I feel like it makes the fish target the body of the frog because it is usually a lighter or brighter color. Dunno if that holds any truth or not but I believe it haha! It also looks good on a few creature baits I make that have larger bodies. Straight worms are easy as well. You can pour up a bunch of bellies in no time, just make sure to only pour what you will make that day. If you let the bellies sit for a while they will get oily and not make a good connection when you shoot the other half. Either that or you have to clean each one before you shoot and that is way to big of a pain in the rectum.

On the cold side, if you pour in advance, give the next shot of plastic something to hold onto if there is enough thickness.  I like to cut plugs into them and the next shot will fill the dent and give a better hold.  Also a hotter plastic will help get the two versions to stick better.

YES!!!!!

I have several molds I've made with this in mind.  My Curly Buzz Frog and my Ribbed Flipping grub use the same tail/foot shape.  I made a tail mold for them that comes to a tapered point so when I set them in the main mold and shoot the main color/s it surrounds the tapered tip of the tail allowing it to transfer more heat and bond better.  It works pretty well.  On the H5 Club-O I made tail mold with a tapered cone and a ball on the end of the cone so plastic surrounds the tip of the tail, and the ball also forms a mechanically interlocking key.  I've molded tail tips and then made finished baits with them months later.  On thin stuff like the tails on the Superior Bump Hog its not necessary, but I made the interaction V-Shaped anyway so that the seam line would be longer.