CNC Molds N Stuff

Which Graph - Mg - Compatibility

I don't use my graph in such a way that HD and side imaging are hugely useful to me.  I mostly want to see the depth, amount of grass and the occassional rock or tree.  My old Garmin 178C does an adequate job of that.  So much so that I have a couple of them.  One on The Black Cat and one on The Tin Can.  I recently picked up a new MG Tour Edition with built in transducer for The Black Cat.  I just assumed I could keep using my 178C because I had a MG tour with transducer in the past and I have an adapter cable.  

I was wrong.  The connector on the new trolling motor is different.  I called Motorguide and was told that they don't make a cable for my unit because Garmin makes one.  I called Garmin and the guy I talked to said they don't have a cable that will work, but they have two adapter cables that when paired together "might" work.  There is also an old MG part number that might work.  Its not 100% clear though if its for the old MG connector or the new one.  They say 7 pin, but the MG connector on my TM only has 6 pins (it does have a spot for a 7th).  The pictures of the cable show a male connector and the MG trolling motor has a male connector.  I don't know if that picture is a marketing mistake, but some vendors still have the old cable in stock.  I tried calling Motorguide again, but they didn't seem interested in helping with a discontinued part at all.  Just repeated that they do not have an adapter cable for my graph available.  

I hate to retire my 178c (also GPS map), because I have lots of useful way points stored on it, but I may be looking for a new graph.  I really am not looking for anything fancier than my old 178C.  I like it.  It works for me.  I was just wondering if there was anyway to find out which units currently out there are directly plug-in compatible with the new MG connector.  There isn't a dealer around here where I can just go look.