LimpNoodle

I Hate White Powder Paint!

Ran out of the last pound I had and can't remember where I got it.  It was pretty decent paint.  Had to break down and use some Pro-Tec I had laying around.  That stuff is concrete.  Couldn't get it to fluff up in my fluid bed to save my butt.

So now I'm on the hunt for some decent white powder paint that works in a fluid bed.

Any suggestions?

I buy all my powder from them. That said, let me turn you guys on to a small device that will solve all your fluidizing issues. Using this, you'll never have to search for a filter that will work for this paint, but another takes this filter. The photo is of an automatic pot stirrer you can buy off Amazon. It has little legs that you can take off the part you want. What you want is the vibrator. It's cheap, it's readily available, and it works. The second photo is of it attached to my fluid bed. This little gizmo has three speeds and operates on triple a batteries. They last a long time too. I think I replaced the batteries after a years use. Depending on your usage, YMMV. I just attach it to my fluid bed with a zip tie. When you need to cut it off and reattach. Hope this solves some issues for you guys. I know it has, for me.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

post-29484-0-66040700-1446509128_thumb.jpg

post-29484-0-34018100-1446509155_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The little vibrator kicks pretty hard so I put my fluid bed on a cloth and position my pump and hose to keep my bed positioned where I want it. Also, you probably don't want to put as much powder in your fluid bed as you did before. No more volcanoes....just powder paint nirvana. :-)

Vibrators have been talked about but nobody has ever found one that worked well but Apdriver seems to have solved that problem. For me, well I take clear powder and mix it in with, 70% white with 30% clear,  for some reason when you mix clear in with a tough paint in the fluid bed it really makes it fluidize well. You also don't have to worry about color getting washed out, I've already mixed it 50/50 as I was running out of GP and I ordered it but it wouldn't get to me fast enough so I used the clear to stretch out what I had and it worked great.

I buy all my powder from them. That said, let me turn you guys on to a small device that will solve all your fluidizing issues. Using this, you'll never have to search for a filter that will work for this paint, but another takes this filter. The photo is of an automatic pot stirrer you can buy off Amazon. It has little legs that you can take off the part you want. What you want is the vibrator. It's cheap, it's readily available, and it works. The second photo is of it attached to my fluid bed. This little gizmo has three speeds and operates on triple a batteries. They last a long time too. I think I replaced the batteries after a years use. Depending on your usage, YMMV. I just attach it to my fluid bed with a zip tie. When you need to cut it off and reattach. Hope this solves some issues for you guys. I know it has, for me.[/quote I take it you don't hook the air up to your cup,your just letting the vibrator fluidize your powder?