owenbyc

Help With Rootbeer

Hi everyone I'm new to pouring plastics but I feel I'm doing pretty good by reading on this board. My question is I can't get close to rootbeer like zooms rootbeer pepper green flake. I bought a ton of colors from lurecraft. I'm using medium plastic from baitjunkys. First I did 4 oz plastic 4 drops rootbeer and it looked good after I poured. So I put them on a cookie sheet. Next day they all turned to a really clear color. So I tried again 8 drops to 4 oz plastic. They looked like rootbeer but a little more orange. I thought ok if they lighten up I should be close. Next day same thing clear again. I shook up the rootbeer color a lot before putting in the plastic. Any help guys? God bless

I had the same exact thing happen..

not sure if heat was issue or not..

but i used 9 drops rootbeer   - LC -

to 4 oz plastic..

stated with 4 drops also and looked ok but next day it was to lite.

last batch was 9 drops and seemed ok next day it was  not as dark as at 1st but pretty good,,

have not made this color much but maybe watch the temp ??

never had the root beer do that with other colors ,, very odd ..

I made some worms in rootbeer, cant remember how many drops of color i added, but it was alot!... Still they didnt look right, more like a translucent gold'ish color

Just to use the rest of that plastic up, i poured some minnow style jigs and they look great (to me)

http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/gallery/image/14904-rootbeer-minnow/

My conclusion, rootbeer is best in thicker bodied baits

I got some motor oil to try on my worms instead, but havnt used it yet

Edited by JRammit

I guess root beer to some is not root beer to others.  When I think of root beer, I think of the drink, which a dark brown with maaaaaaaybe a slight tint of orange.  Monte's looks dead on;  Zoom's looks more like amber/yellow to me.  :?

If you are trying Zoom's color, I'd stay away from root beer altogether.  Looks really close to MF's amber.